Monday, March 05, 2007

If you can't say something nice.......

So like 2 weeks ago in church our Bible teacher gave us a challenge for a whole week to not gossip or say anything that wouldn't be uplifting to someone. For anyone who knows me, you know that this is nearly impossible since I usually say whatever pops in my head (which leads to me wanting to put my foot in my mouth sometimes). It was an interesting challenge though and I actually caught myself quite a few times. I doubt anyone can ever truly not say anything negative or gossipy about someone, but having that challenge in my mind did make me check myself. Especially when the topic of Britney Spears or Anna Nicole came up. For the next quarter though the only challenges Ryan and I will be getting are how to make 3 year olds listen to the story of Moses. They were good yesterday but when they won't answer back or talk or make any noise, who knows if they are getting it. But we will keep singing "Baby Moses was loved so" and "weave, weave, weave a basket" to them until we are blue in face trying!

P.S. We did start packing this weekend and got most of the living room and storage closet done. Keep praying for Gran. There hasn't been much of a change, but she can open her eyes and squeeze your hand.

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

that would be a hard challenge...but i am proud of you for trying. a good lesson to learn!
proud of you for taking on the babes at church! keep it up!

Mom I said...

I think husband/wife team teaching is a great idea. Hope those three year olds don't scare you guys away from having kids completely. Katie, we're still praying for your Gran. Love you guys. (Can't wait till APRIL-woohoo!!!)

kmom said...

Thanks everyone for the prayers for Gran. She is much improved today. She was alert during our whole visit early this afternoon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails