Monday, April 02, 2007

Weekend Warrior Woes

So this weekend began tornado season I believe. We had major storms on Thursday and Friday and got like 6 inches of rain in 2 days. Ryan and I had just settled down to watch a movie when we realized we didn't have the cords to hook up the dvd player. So we went out to the garage in the pouring rain and found our garage to have about 2 inches of standing water along the sides. We moved everything up off the ground and onto shelves. Nothing was ruined....just wet. The next day we went out to the garge to find the shelves had fallen off the wall with all of our stuff on them. The lovely owners who were there before us had done a real shabby job of attaching the shelving system so it just came off the wall when we put our boxes on it. Ryan's stereo might be broken but that's ok. We decided to organize and clean up the garage so I was going to open the door for more light. As soon as I hit the button I hear Ryan yell to push it back down. So I did and ran out and the whole spring or whatever at the top broke off. No one was hurt and Ryan fixed it but it was pretty scary. We got it all cleaned up and then the Erwins brought us a lawn mower and Ryan got to mow the foot of grass and weeds we had growing. It looks much better!!

In other home owner news, our landlady decided to sell us the chandelier that I loved!!!! The new girl in the apt doesn't like it so Bonnie said it was destiny for us to have it!! I'm so excited. Our dining room just didn't look the same!

I didn't forget the list of things to give away. Hopefully I will get that posted before we leave for Oregon!!

Keep praying for my Grandmother.

3 comments:

Walt & Saundra said...

Ahhh, the joys of homeownership! I love it! Did you know that most ER visits are a result of accidents in the home? Yep. Just FYI, don't ever leave a corningware casserole dish cooling with an entire meatloaf on the stove. There is a distinct possibility that your husband could accidentally turn it on to make you some tea, and the entire dish could explode into thousands of shards of meatloaf covered glass, spreading from one end of the kitchen to the other. And after you've cleaned it all up and put it in the trash, your idiot dog could decide to eat it, narrowly missing a glass shredded stomache and a very expensive trip to the vet.

And I'm jealous of your chandelier! Wire it properly... :)

Mom I said...

Yea!! I'm so glad you get the chandelier. Its going to look great in your house. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. Please leave the tornadoes in Oklahoma though. Love ya.

TLKOREGON said...

It's fun finding all the quirks in your house. Pretty soon you'll know where to walk on the floor so it doesn't creak and what combonation of electric outlets and lights on make the breaker trip! =) Can't wait to see you!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails