Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What I Do

My job is to draft out the concepts that designers or clients have for their custom pieces of furniture. This means I draw a plan view, usually 2 elevations, and as many as sections necessary to show how it will be built (plywood, hardwood, moldings, carvings, hardware, dimensions, etc.) Then the designer approves it or revises it, we get the plans back and the people in mill start cutting boards building it. When it is stained and finished, I am the new girl who gets to photograph it, so here are some of the furniture pieces I have drawn once they have been completed (obviously they haven't been photoshopped for the website but you get the picture):


And that is what I do 40 hours a week.

3 comments:

kmom said...

Excellent showing!!!

Mom I said...

Carrie, Laura and I all agree you can design for us ANY TIME. They are terrific. Love ya.

Walt & Saundra said...

Very nice Katie!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails