Thursday, May 10, 2007

You don't know what it's like.....

.....unless you live here. I take tornadoes seriously, but I think the weather people here go WAY overboard. There is NOTHING on TV the whole tornado season (April-June) because if there is a drop of rain in the pan handle or even close to our borders in another state they are on the air going from the north Doppler to the south Doppler to the storm tracker to the skycam to the live report and back again. And I realize they are being overprotective because we do average 53 tornadoes a year and have lots of straight line winds that cause damage but it's RIDICULOUS. One night they even had a special in which they interrupted normal broadcasting JUST to show "The Best of OK tornado footage" It's like a sport to them. They talked about the damage and fatalities with such excitement you thought they were on the tornadoes' side. I propose they keep the weather tracker in the upper right corner of the screen, or a ticker at the bottom, and then devote one local channel solely to weather and Gary, Rick, Grant, and whoever else can fight over who gets to host it. If you are an Okie who feels the same way...can I get an Amen?!

4 comments:

Carrie M said...

As a former Okie I will give you a big AMEN! I did hate totnado season, and I'm glad I don't live there anymore. But seriously! A little common sense from the weather guys would be appreciated.

lizcannon said...

Katie, Lo's cousin here....
AMEN sista!!
One season I missed 2-3 desperate housewives shows because of them. Boo.

Mom I said...

This is a truism nationwide. Here in Oregon its wind, rain, snow, ANYTHING. Like we can't look out our window and see whats happening. This is Oregon for goodness sakes. There is going to be persipitation. Weathermen are just too full of themselves and want the air time. Okay, enough venting. P.S. Wise decision to pass on the puppy. I'm proud of ya. Have fun with the parents this weekend.

Lo's sis lane said...

That's what I miss most about OK!! tornado season is tha bomb. don't diss gary...he's my hero.

Related Posts with Thumbnails