Friday, June 01, 2007

Do What You Love

Meet the lawyer turned lego artist, Nathan Sawaya. His lego sculptures are now touring the country in museum exhibitions. Maybe I can join him and design life size furniture pieces out of legos. Here are some of my favorites:


And speaking of doing what you love here is a kid who doesn't do what he likes but still wins. We watched the national spelling bee last night on ABC and this little 11 year old genius is a math whiz and writes concertos in his spare time. They had a segment about him and he doesn't like to spell because it's not logical or creative, it's just boring memorization. When he won they asked him if his feelings had changed and he said "am i supposed to feel different about spelling just because I won." He didn't even look happy. It was awesome. I'm sure all the losing kids wanted to kick his rear end. Remember this face guys, I have a feeling he will rule the world one day. He's got the brains and the attitude to be the next Bill Gates or Beethoven.

3 comments:

kmom said...

Super great blog. I especially liked the lego picture of the blue man with his broken off arm.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even begin to fathom how much time that took him to design these creations. I hope he comes to Memphis/Nashville so I can go view some of his work. -April

Mathias & Craig Families said...

Where do you find all this stuff! I just caught up on your blog. . . Knowing this next little girl is coming in a tiny bit over 2 weeks as got me trying to get everything around the house in order & not left much time to check blogs, let alone write one! I love that you had the 'pot in the brownies' segment . . . Will heard about it on a sport show he watches & thought it was so funny he made me listen to the whole thing, let's just say, more than once! Love you! ~Wendy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails