Monday, June 11, 2007

Wicked

Michelle and I were wicked and left church a little early on Sunday morning to enter the lottery drawing 2.5 hours before the afternoon production. We had a pretty good chance because not that many people were there and they had 25 seats up for grabs for $25 each.....the cheapest deal you can get. However, luck was not on our side, but we checked at the box office to see if there were any cancellations. The lady said not yet but if we waited around someone always comes in and tries to sell theirs. Two single people did and wanted $55-75 for their one ticket, but we passed. We wanted to try to sit together (and we are cheapos) so then this man who did win the lottery got a better seat or something so he sold us his lottery seats. We sat on the second row balcony and it was phenomenal! I loved the show and I am soooo glad Michelle agreed to be cheap with me :) The website describes the show:
"Long before Dorothy dropped in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two unlikely friends end up as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch makes for the most spellbinding new musical in years." Anyway I believe the show is running until the 17th so if you're in town just go 2.5 hours before the show and you can try to get lottery tickets too! It's well worth it!!

5 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

I admire your persistence and patience! How exciting to get to see it. I love going to plays and musicals. Someday we'll have to go see something together!

Mom I said...

Glad you got to go see it and you had a good time (even if you were a little naughty and left church early). Love ya

lauren and brad said...

i can't wait to see it on Father's Day! I have been excited to see it since it came out in nyc like 5 years ago! hooray! i'm so glad you got in!

Sally Pinon said...

I'm glad you got to see it. My parents got Jonathan and I tickets for my birthday and I really enjoyed it. Its a fun musical!

I love your blog...thanks for writing all the time!

leslie. said...

We saw Wicked last year in SF and I absolutely loved it. Like enough to buy tickets to a show in LA for a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I had a last minute meeting so we had to sell them off to a friend, but I'm so glad you liked it!

p.s. of course I know who you are, silly! and you guys can come visit Hudson anyday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails