Thursday, September 06, 2007

60 years in the making

I've heard that the secret to staying married for 50+ years is don't die and don't get divorced. Seems simple enough. Tuesday was my Poppy and Gran's 60th wedding anniversary. It probably wasn't the happiest one since they still aren't able to live together, but my family and Pop tried to make the most of it with a small dinner party at my Gran's assisted living place. I talked to him on the phone last night and no matter what the circumstances he tries to have a positive outlook. Most people have "for better or worse" in their vows and after 60 years I'm sure you see a lot of worse, but they have been faithful and committed to one another and I'm so glad to have them and our other sets of grandparents as examples of what a Godly committed relationship is. Love you Pop and Gran!!

3 comments:

kmom said...

Thank you so very much for the tribute and the picture. We need prayers for wisdom in what is best for Mary and how to go about getting it.

Mom I said...

We are so thankful that you have so many wonderful examples in all of your grandparents of what a marriage should be. Our best wishes and congratulations to your Gran and Pop. Love, Mom I

lauren and brad said...

your dad looks exactly like his mom! :)

i love love!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails