Thursday, September 27, 2007

Is there a tooth fairy for dogs?

Because if there was Charlie would be getting rich! I read in the puppy manual that they lose their puppy teeth, but I never remember Seymour losing his. And I thought they would just be so loose they would fall out no big deal. Well I think she waits for her teeth to fall out when I am around....just like she can't play until we are around. The vet had been a little concerned because I guess her tooth production was a little slow but she said not to worry they would come in on their own time. On Tuesday she was acting pitiful and moody all morning and letting out these horrible little whimpers and cries every now and then. I was starting to wonder if girl dogs go through moody times when they reach puberty, but even if they're spayed? We tried to poke her and see if she hurt something but we couldn't figure it out. I took her to work and she lay in my office all day occasionally sighing and giving me puppy dog eyes. If she kept it up I was taking her to the vet, but Wed. she was her hyper normal self in the morning. So odd. So I think she just has teething pains because two times now we have been on the couch enjoying a television show (Private Practice last night, but that's another post) and I look at her and there is blood all over her toy and blood on the blanket or towel she is on. So I open her mouth and she is chewing on her lost tooth. Last night was a big mess because it was a molar. Then I have to quarantine her in the kitchen and try to get her to eat ice until it stops. Two down, twenty something more to go.......

In other dog news she has mastered the art of sit, stay, and come. Lie down is pretty hard for her but we haven't lost hope. The first 3 are the most important ones right? She gets her stitches out tomorrow, so I can FINALLY give her a bath. 1-she stinks. 2-she has some fleas and it's just not sanitary. She and Lucy the boxer have had a few more play dates and are getting better acquainted. That is all for now. I'm sure the next post will be about Grey's (starts tonight!!!!) and Private Practice

3 comments:

Mom I said...

Poor Charlie. I don't remember KC going through all of that and we got him when he was just a pup. He probably just swallowed all of his baby teeth. Hope it gets better.

lauren and brad said...

cali lost a bunch of her teeth and it always freaked me out.

sally has lost tons of hers too esp. since the broken jaw accident. it seems everytime she opens her mouth one falls out...that or pieces of her jaw bone. poor baby.

kmom said...

I am so glad Charlie is learning more manners. Seymour had his baby teeth to fall out, but it was no big deal. I do not remember any blood. He just liked to chew on stuff including my hand. It didn't hurt because he had little teeth, but "the book" said not to let him do that because then he might bite someone accidently, especially when his big teeth came in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails