Saturday, September 15, 2007

It takes the edge off the pain....

She hit the bottle pretty hard tonight, but after the pain wears off she'll come clean again.

Just kidding. When I picked her up on Friday afternoon I was expecting to go back to her cage at the vet's and carry a half-drugged dog home to just hang out on the couch with me all weekend while I nursed her back to health. WRONG! She came running out and jumped all over me. She has no pain whatsoever. 2 stitches and a shaved belly are the only evidence of her surgery. She must get that from her father bc I would be milking my recovery for all it's worth. Here are 2 more friends she has made recently......

This is Brownie and yes she is a brown spotted dalmatian. She belongs to the Isons and the dogs get to "play" on Tuesdays at Bible study. Brownie's definition of playing is pretty funny but since I don't have a video of it I won't try to explain it.

This little guy is Rufus. Matt was dog sitting and brought him over to play. I tried to get good shots to show you how tiny Rufus is. Charlie is by no means a large dog but Rufus is about the size of her head.

Charlie was actually pretty scared of him at first. But then it was the other way around. They didn't really hit it off but he sure was cute. Too small for me but cute.

Since we didn't really have to care for an ailing pup, this weekend we went to see 3:10 to Yuma. It was pretty good, but very bloody. Apparently it was a remake of the 1957 western. Russell Crowe does a very good job at being an outlaw. We also went over to Lauren's and I got to meet her cousin Liz whose blog I read. We had fun hanging out with her, her sister, and the Schatzels. I got to feel baby Schat move a lot! Today Ryan finished hacking up the stump in the backyard and we planted mums and pansies in the front yard. I'll have pictures of those when they are in bigger blooms hopefully in a few days. Then Ryan made Chicken Teriyaki and we ate outside because it is PERFECT autumn weather. This is my favorite season by far! Tomorrow I am helping Lo scrapbook and then it is girl's night at Allicatdin's. I will probably be back with a post about the Emmy's after tomorrow night. Have a good Sunday...go to church!

3 comments:

Mom I said...

That Rufus is too cute. Charlie should be a very well socialized dog with all the friends and play dates she has. Sounds like you're having a fun weekend. Troy painted our house yesterday (well, most of it). Laura says she's gonna post it on her blog. I like it. Love you guys. Mom I

kmom said...

Thanks for the pics. Your blog took forever and forever and forever to come up on my computer, so I don't know if it is something in your blog, or my computer, or what. I do have DSL lite which is not the slowest thing. Heavy computer usage by others sometimes slows things down. I gave up yesterday. Glad Charlie had such an easy time of it.

lizcannon said...

I love Rufus!!!! Schnooze is pretty small, but I think you'd love her. Not too small for ya.

Related Posts with Thumbnails