Monday, October 08, 2007

Kards by Katie

My dear friend Katie from OC who is now in Japan (read her blog) is the best card maker in the world. She used to make the cutest cards for all her friends in college for all sorts of occasions. She is a talented artist in many others ways too, but I love her signature cards. I channeled her creativity this weekend as I got in the mood to be crafty. After the garage sale and funeral was the OU/TX game. I thought I would watch it with Ryan at Beezo's but I just wasn't in the mood. So I set out to be crafty and hit up Target and Hobby Lobby. (During OU and OSU football games --especially televised ones-- is the best time to go shopping by the way.) After buying an assortment of paper, ribbons, stamps, stickers etc. I came home and made a bunch of cards. They are super cute! But I can't post a picture of them bc they are all for specific people and that would ruin the surprise when they open their mailboxes. Just use your imagination.

Sunday started our service nights at church. Every Sunday evening this month we are doing projects mainly in our community from 3-6. Last night we had people sorting clothes for the infant crisis center, helping beautify public schools, feeding homeless, cleaning the church building, picking up litter at parks, giving free oil changes for single moms, making tutoring games, and visiting shut ins. It was fun but tiring. I was pulling weeds at an elementary school and Ryan was chopping up stumps....he is getting to be a pro at that!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been super busy with things that aren't fun or photogenic to post about or else I guess I would!
And I still need a haircut......where do the hours go.........

5 comments:

Mom I said...

Busy busy busy. You and Martha Stewart, when do you find time to sleep? And now you're going to try to find time to make your own cards. I'm impressed. I just keep Hallmark in business. That service night sounds like a great idea. What a great way to show Christ in the community. Love you guys. Mom I

Katie Bl said...

Well, that's a bit of an exageration, but I appreciate it!

Mathias & Craig Families said...

What a fantastic idea, the service Sunday I mean! We should all be doing that, what a great outreach to your community! Thanks for all your sweet comments on our blog, I always love reading them! I hope you get a haircut soon, I've been enjoying seeing all the different haircuts actors are showing up with on season premieres & such. Love you! ~Wendy.

lauren and brad said...

you are too busy! we need to see each other again asap! :)

Anonymous said...

I have to say I was a lucky recipient of one of Katie's wonderful cards - it brightened my day so much more than she will ever know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails