Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Party Finale

These posts are no fun without pictures! I will do my best to figure out some way to get them off my camera. Obviously we still have no power but we are not alone. 70,000 others in the metro are unplugged too. It doesn't feel like it since we don't know anyone else but out neighbors without power but I will trust the news people. The Xmas party at church was last night and it went great! I stopped counting at 30 kids who came from 3-5 for games, cookie decorating, crafts, Santa and fun. Then the adults from church joined in at 5:00 for a gingerbread house making contest. I was pooped by the end of the night and I still have a gym full of a mess to clean up today, but we had a great time.

In other news, Seth (our preacher) has accepted a job at a church in TX and will be leaving at the end of this year. I am sad for him to go, but happy that he has found something closer to his family and an opportunity that he is well fitted for. So please be praying that another wonderful minister will come our way soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's hard to believe you've gone so long without electricity. Did you manage to use up what was in your refrigerator/freezer? Sorry you're having such a difficult time. Will, Wendy & girls fly to Texas on Friday night (12/21), so they'll be in the general vicinity, but not too close. By the way, Katie, do you miss home? Love, Aunt Denise

Related Posts with Thumbnails