Thursday, December 06, 2007

I think I just beat Alexander for a Terrible-Horrible-No Good-Very Bad Day

Nothing feels better after a long, not-so-great day at work than coming home to this:

If you can't see clearly these are pictures of a kicked in and broken door. The door on the front of our house to be exact.

I'll not be a negative Nancy though. So I'm grateful they didn't actually break in and steal anything and I'm glad no one was home when it happened...even Charlie was at Lucy's. But seriously! Luckily I was doing my weekly 12 hour shift with 2 dozen kiddos so Ryan dealt with police and insurance people and cleaned it all up. I just have to say this....

Dear Neighborhood Hoodlum,
If you have so much angst and hatred toward the world that you need to be destructive, try a cheaper and less harmful method to others....punch your pillow, TP a yard, prank phone call someone, or go crazy and smoke a cigarette. But DO NOT KICK IN A FRONT DOOR!!
Sincerely,
The lady whose door you kicked in

12 comments:

Carrie M said...

What In The World! I am so glad you guys weren't home when this weirdo showed up. I'm so sorry you had such a crummy day, we'll say a pray that today will be better and thank God that this guy stopped at the front door. We love you!

TLKOREGON said...

Wow! I'm sorry your pretty front door is broken! Are you going to have to get a new one? I am glad no one was hurt. Also....mom can't comment anymore, because your blog got changed to where you can only comment if you have a google account. Not sure if that was on purpose, but just thought I would let you know. Love you.

Becky Thomas said...

Bummer, I will never understand why people do the things they do, hopefully they will read your letter and know better next time. You'll just have to show them that they can't break your spirits, just your door. Happy holidays!

sus and chris said...

now you can FINALLY join my "i have crazy destructive neighbors" club. welcome. i am happy everything else is okay.

Trina said...

Oh Katie and Ryan I am so sorry, how scary for you. Praise God that was all that was harmed. I am praying for your safety and security. Nothing feels more awful than to have your personal, private place violated. How dare them! We love you both and are just so thankful that we have a mighty God who is with you.

lizcannon said...

Well, dang, I a, glad they didn't take anything, AND that charlie was at Lucy's.... she woulda ripped their heads off though, she's tough like that. Sorry you have to deal with that crap.

Krista said...

I'm happy they didn't take anything and that nobody was hurt. I feel your pain. This happened to me once not long ago...

Walt & Saundra said...

I'm so sorry! It's one of those times when you kind of long for those good ole days when you called the Landlord, huh? :)

Maybe this guy has some sort of scrooge vendetta against pretty Christmas lit houses.

Walt & Saundra said...

OK, so I read too much!! :)
I posted pics for you!! I had some catching up to do!

Walt & Saundra said...

Nope, it's not Kibble! They're peppernuts, or Pfeffernussen (German). They are these spicy mini cookies made with Anise, traditional German Christmas cookies. We've always had them!

The final yellow color looks like the yellow in the photo (which in reality looked more like McDonalds yellow...agitatingly bright.) The real yellow is much more buttery and calm. :)

Kira said...

brayden just read that book

lauren and brad said...

i'm so glad you are safe. now you get to get each other a new door for christmas...hooray! humph.

Related Posts with Thumbnails