Friday, December 21, 2007

Only 4 more days!!

I can't believe Christmas is already here! The 65 degree weather sure doesn't feel like the first day of winter but since I hate winter I think the weather is just dandy. Ryan and I are celebrating tomorrow before we head to TN. We just got the internet back at home so I will have to show you pics of the dishes I got at my favoritest antique store in OKC. But first a list....

1. I finished my Xmas shopping today
2. I'm making cookies for our neighbors. Only the ones to the right of us.
3. I am on the 4th Harry Potter book and am LOVING them. I'm so glad I didn't read them when they first came out though because it would be too hard to wait until the next one came out.
4. We have not had time to clean up the tree limbs, but I hear we have until Mid-January for the city to pick them up so we have plenty of time.
5. I got to hang out with Baby Ben and Lo today. In the two times he had his diaper changed while I was there, he peed a fountain in the middle of it. Luckily I got out of the way. I always just thought that happened in movies but apparently he likes to do it a lot. I still love him.
6. I can't WAIT to see my family tomorrow!
7. No one has gotten our Xmas cards, but I sent them out on Monday and now I am nervous.
8. I sent a card to Katie in Japan and just guessed at the postage. The letter had 8 stamps on it so I hope it gets there. You should check out her blog to see her super cool crafty nativity scene she made out of bottles. And her cute hairdo.
9. I am not making a New Year's resolution for 2008
10. I didn't succeed at 2007's resolutions. I made it until like August with the daily Bible reading and I got half way through watching all of Audrey's movies. I'm a failure.
11. Ryan and I came up with our top 3 most annoying Xmas songs and there are "A wonderful Xmas Time" by Paul McCartney, "Last Christmas" by George Michael, and "Feliz Navidad" by someone who speaks Spanish. What are you least favorites?

Here are the dishes! I love them!! They are Weil Ware which is hand painted pottery from CA circa 1950. I'm learning so much about all sorts of antiques from Pam at work.
There are 6 place settings, but I doubt we'll ever eat on them. They sure look pretty in the dining room cabinet though!

6 comments:

kmom said...

See you real soon!!! Love ya!!!

leslie. said...

do you hear what i hear.*
ugh. ugh. ugh! that song gives me the heebee-geebies (is that how you even spell that phrase?) every single time i hear or even think about it. makes me feel like i want to crawl under the covers and hide. my face gets all worried-like, i break into a cold sweat, and fetal positions are typically incorporated if not in a public location (even I have limits).

FYI, my fave Christmas album is the Carpenters Christmas and my fave Christmas special is the DollyParton/KennyRogers one. :)

*played in a scene from Gremlins on a broken record player in the attic while all the deceptively cute things ate food after dark. watched the flick when i was too young and i'm basically traumatized for life.

Miranda said...

Love the new dishes! I don't think I have a least favorite Christmas song...

Have a safe trip home! Merry Christmas!

P.S. The 'spanish speaking guy' is Jose Feliciano. Pretty cool guy!

Walt & Saundra said...

We got our Christmas card yesterday (or the day before.) I love it. Walt loved it. He said we should just copy yours next year and send it to everyone but you. :) My even better plan is to pay you to design, create, sign, and mail all ours for us, since I'm a loser about not getting that done.

lo said...

1. got our card...it's adorable!
2. sorry about the baby pee
3. LOVE the dishes
4. worst song ever is the one that yoko one sings with all the kids that keeps saying "war is over" on a continuous loop. ugh.

Amanda Haskew said...

Least favorite song: "The Little Drummer Boy" every time I hear it I want to pu rump...whatever my head against the wall....

Also, love the dishes. I have a disease when it comes to dishes. It was so hard to pick out which ones I wanted to bring to Vienna.

Related Posts with Thumbnails