Monday, January 07, 2008

Cats and Bookworms and Doors Oh My!

Here are random happenings in our lives:
  1. We have feral cats living in our backyard. I've counted at least 5 different ones. They cry like tortured dying babies in the night and it wakes me up at 3am. I found out the lady 2 doors down had fed them but now she stopped.
  2. I'm a negligent mom. I've been feeding Charlie 2.5 cup of food a day and the bag says for her weight and age I should be feeding her 4-6. I tried and she didn't eat the extra food so I went back to 2.5. I think Purina just says that so I'll go thru dog food quicker.
  3. I play Bookworm once a night. My high score is over 800,000. I'm awesome.
  4. I'm onto Harry #6 now. I just started this weekend and am halfway through. They just jump right into all sorts of stuff in this one so I'm zipping through it and I love it.
  5. Craft night was Friday and I finished putting photos in an album from the past 4 months. I also made some cards. I only stayed until midnight this time.
  6. I've called the travel agency to get more info on our "big trip" we are taking this year. We bumped it up to May.
  7. Ryan made about 3 gallons of homemade salsa and our kitchen still reeks of onion. I've cleaned every nook and cranny and now I think it's just burned in my nose.
  8. You can't buy a plain wooden door at Lowe's or Home Depot. Which I think is absurd. You have to special order it. Plus our front door needs to be taller than the standard size so we'd have to special order it anyway. We haven't ordered it yet but at least we know how much we will have to dish out for it.
  9. I think I'm almost 100% over my pleurisy. I took comfort in comments from another blogger who recently went through the same thing.
  10. Tutoring starts back on Wednesday. We still need more tutors if anyone wants to help out.
  11. I watched the presidential debates on Saturday night. Ron Paul is still my overall fav. Huckabee was the only other Republican I would even consider. I couldn't stand the way the other 4 argued and mudslang, (or is it mudslinged, mudslung??) John Edwards did a really good job and I think he's my fav democrat. Obama's in 2nd though. I still need to register to vote.
  12. The weather has been in the 60's and 70's and it feels like spring. I love it. I'm sure there will be a hurricane, tornado, or ice storm next week though.
  13. Charlie had her first play date with the boxer puppy next door. His name is Luke and hopefully Shawn our neighbor will send me the pics he took. They were pretty cute. Charlie didn't know what to do with a puppy but they started to play after awhile.

That's enough for now.

1 comment:

kmom said...

Would a regular lumber yard type place have a door like you want or be cheaper?

Related Posts with Thumbnails