Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Bowl Super Clean

Last night we went to Jonathan's to watch the Super Bowl....well I really went with a mission to clean his apartment. There is a reason that God wants us to marry, and that reason is mildew. Bachelors will live in the most disgusting and unsanitary conditions and it disgusted me so much that I decided I needed to do some deep cleaning. And those of you who know me, know that it must have been a dire circumstance for me to want to do this. His bathtub was black, his shower curtain that was supposed to be clear was black and orange, and let's not even talk about all the fast food cups and leftovers on the floor of his bedroom. Anyway I know it will not stay like this for long but at least the mildew will have awhile to come back. I did see the second half of the game. This was my favorite commercial...



Also this weekend Ryan and I did some major organizing in the house and garage and took a LOT of stuff to the church for the big garage sale in March. This week I am going through all of my clothes. Hopefully I will still be in the mood to throw things out. We also watched some more LOST episodes. We are almost done with season 2. And we watched Children of Men which Ryan has already seen but I had not. Pretty depressing but interesting. I am supposed to be reading 3 books right now but due to LOST watching it's not going so well.

Charlie did some major work this weekend too. She was being so good and quiet outside on Saturday and then Ryan noticed her and Luke (the puppy next door) had almost dug a hole to each other under the fence. It was pretty cute to see them try to stick their heads under there. So I took her over to their backyard to play and left her there (because they said I could) and they played ALL day. I need to take a picture of them. Right now they are the same size but soon Luke will outgrow her.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

that was my fave as well!! the baby talking one kinda creeped me out. and can i tell you? i've felt the urge to clean others' places so often, but have had to resist for fear of being called controlling and way-too-typeA. i consider it caring and motherly, but whatever. i'm proud of you for instilling a bit of clean into jonathan's life. :)

kmom said...

Wow! I am so very pleased that you and Ryan are organizing and getting rid of things you don't want or need. Gold stars galore!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails