Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I don't get it......

So while we were antique shopping I saw a sign like this and I felt stupid because I didn't get it.
I waited until we were in the office today to see if I was just dumb or what everyone else thought it meant. Derek mentioned he saw one like that in a shoe store one time and he didn't get it either. My two hypothesis were:
  1. If you gave a child caffeine and a puppy in an antique store they would run wild and break things which their parents would have to pay for (that doesn't explain a shoe store though)
  2. If you aren't watching you're kids we'll make them go crazy so you will remember to watch them next time. (seems kind of dumb but I'm out of ideas)
I dunno. I asked Ryan if he got it, but he didn't either. I've found a bunch of Flickr photos of this sign with comments like "best sign ever" which just makes me feel more dumb. Will someone please explain.

6 comments:

Becky Thomas said...

I giggled when I first read the sign, my thinking is that they'll get them home hyper with you and who can say no to thier kids when someone gives them a free puppy, which no parent really wants! We did that to my dad once, asked him when he was sleeping if we could keep a cat. . he said yes, and he couldn't break our hearts and tell us any different when he woke up. My stepmom was not so happy!

Anonymous said...

Beckys got it right. They are threatening to get your kids "jumping off the walls" hyper so you'll have to deal with them when you take them home, and getting a puppy is liking getting another kid, which I'm sure you and Ry realize, so parents don't want a puppy unless its their own idea. So you'ld better keep your eye on your child or you end up with a hyper kid and a peeing puppy instead of cool antiques. Love, Mom I

Kira said...

Maybe you should have kids & then you'll know what it means??? Just a thought.

Miranda said...

Haha!! Love it! And it basicly means what your 2nd thought was. And I think I need that for my church office!! :0)

Anonymous said...

I like the sign. I find it hilarious. As stated above it's a threat to parents reminding them to watch their child or else they will have to DEAL with them in a way they don't want to......thanks to the kindness of a stranger.

kmom said...

People with kids know what the sign means, and thanks to the comments above,now you do tool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails