Saturday, April 19, 2008

Proof of the innocence of Oklahomans

Yesterday was the usual Lo, Ben, and Katie date except they came over here to see our new buffet, the surprise craft I'm making, and help with itinerary troubles since Lo is a European traveling fool. This was Charlie's first time around a baby and she did better than I expected, but was a bit nervous of a live tiny human. Anyway we decided to go to the Wedge for lunch and eat outside since it was such a pretty day. We took our time eating our yummy food and then headed to the car to go to Barnes. On the way to the car Lo kept searching for her keys and could not find them anywhere. She was changing Ben's diaper in the back seat while I sat there thinking the car seems to be vibrating a little. She proceeded to look everywhere for the keys and I look over and they are in the ignition. And the car is on. And it has been on the whole time we sat there searching. And the whole time we were enjoying lunch. For over an hour it sat there running in a parking lot with no one around and no one stole it.

We both about peed our pants laughing until Lo saw a tick crawling on the car seat and flipped out screaming. Then I came home and found one crawling on my head. I think they must have been in the tree we sat under, but I keep feeling them crawling on me now. Guh-ross. Friday afternoons are never boring.

5 comments:

Young Fam said...

That was someone else took pictures of all of us, we love that picture of Cooper, it is so hard to take pictures of your own child...he doesn't like pictures much. I can not believe that about Lo's car, that's so funny.

lizcannon said...

oh my goodness :) yall are too funny! my friend did a similar thing: they were driving to go skiing (a 2 hour drive) and they were 15 mins out and she couldn't find her sunglasses... they go back home and look, and they were on her head the whole time!

gross ticks.

debi g said...

hi, i'm a friend of lauren's (and brad) from cayuga and checked out your blog to see how lo was not being enviro friendly (link from her blog).. first time checking out your blog so please don't think that i am blog-stalking you...

anyway, i found 3 ticks on me and my dog yesterday! 'tis the season... ugh

Lane Adair said...

that is freakin' hilarious. very lo typical.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! I'm laughing so hard I can barely type.
Micca

Related Posts with Thumbnails