Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Here is the church, here is the steeple....

Open the door and where are the people? The people were in the steeple! And the people were me, Laura, Beau, Derek, and Brennon. My lifelong dream has been completed and I climbed the scary ladder to the steeple windows for a pretty cool view of OKC and a lot of dead birds around me. For those of you who haven't been to church at Mayfair yet here is the steeple: Doesn't that sky looked photoshopped? It might be. Anyway here is the proof of the climb. This is us at the top. Notice that inside the steeple is painted two different colors? Maybe at one time they were planning on using it for an office. Here is the view. Those are the buildings downtown in the distance.We also got to see the attic. I didn't know there was one but apparently the WHOLE space above the auditorium is an attic. Go figure. Here is the auditorium:And here is what the space above it looks like. It would be a good place to hide a dead body...but you didn't hear that from me! The climb up wasn't nearly as bad as the climb down. I had to sing Hakuna Matata to calm my nerves. Now that I have that lifelong dream taken care of I just need to go on a Mediterranean cruise. Oh wait, I think I'm leaving in just 10 days for one! May is truly a magical month.

4 comments:

The McDowells said...

I always wanted to climb the steeple there, but they never let me. It was good seeing you guys this weekend!

Young Fam said...

Lunch date any thursday or friday works for me, I can't believe your cruise is so close!

lizcannon said...

I have seen that church a lot, but didn't know you could climb up there?!!?!?!

where does your cruise go, I forgot, and i am excuted and jealous for you!

Walt & Saundra said...

That is so cool! Speaking of dead bodies in churches...You need to check out some catacombs on your trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails