Monday, June 09, 2008

I still have a long ways to go but I'm learning

This weekend Ryan and I worked on the house. Yes it's been over a year and we still haven't done a lot of things I thought we'd have finished by now. Ryan worked on stripping, repainting, caulking, and insulating the front windows.........And I worked on the kitchen floor. You see when we moved in last March I thought we had tan tile and black grout, but the other day I got to looking at it, and then scrubbed it with a toothbrush (an old one) and found out the grout was not black but white. It was just REALLY dirty. I felt like a domestic failure for living in such grossness, so I magic erasered and toothbrushed the whole kitchen floor. That took awhile. But here is the before and after...And if it goes back to being black in less than a month then we will just pretend it is black grout because that was a lot of work....and a lot of magic erasers.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

ew, i know! our grout is "dark" as well and i'm afraid to see what it was originally. eep.

ktsdad said...

We just had our grout tinted the color of dirt - so much easier!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you guys. Please come do my house next. The wall came tumbling down tonight. I'll send pics. Wow, that was a lot of work. Poor Dad. I'm counting the days till August. Love you guys. Mom I

lauren and brad said...

the tile looks fabulous!

have you decided what color to paint all the trim yet?

Kira said...

WOW - what an amazing difference.

lizcannon said...

i love those eraser things

Walt & Saundra said...

This is hilarious. If we had tile I would be right there with you. Ahhh, linoleum. :)

Blair & Rachel said...

I can't believe you lived in such grossness. ;o)

Lane Adair said...

how funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails