Sunday, August 24, 2008

Never Long Enough

Erin left this morning and thankfully I had to go to church so I had a reason to stop crying. We had a great long weekend together and I just wish NY weren't so far away. She came to work with me and helped out at the longest ice cream sundae ever party at church. We shopped and babysat and played lots of games and youtubed the world and went to see Henry Poole Is Here (which is awesome you should all go see it) and Pineapple Express (don't see this....ever). Here are pics of the fun times....Right after her plane landed on Wed night we headed to church where she help set up this 10 foot behemoth sundae for a back to school celebration. Yep I sugared 'em up the night before the first day of school. Like they would've slept anyway. She set it up with other people from church without me because I was teaching in the nursery. But I got there in time to serve scoops of caramel and chocolaty goodness. After work on Thursday I took her to this neat little Bohemian store so she could experience it and the lady who works there. Super nice, super hippie, and a little weird. She wanted to take a pic of the place so she said she wanted a pic of this lady and these kittens she tried to give us. So the lady was all excited and put her arm around me, her head on my shoulder, and 3 kittens in my arms. And that my friends is why my eyes look like that in the photo. No I do not know this woman. This is what Erin did when we weren't gallivanting to stores with hippies. She played the Sims 2. And got a little obsessed. She was also sweet enough to help me babysit Ben for a bit while his mommy got her yoga on. (P.S. if you are great with child and want on awesome pre-natal yoga teacher call Lolo around December). Unfortunately Ben did not want to be happy with any of the fun we had planned so he took a nap. Not in the pool. I promise he really does love me. And here we are at The Warren. My plan now is to get rich, have a baby, then hire her as our nanny, then I can have my best friend living here all the time. :) Seriously Erin, OKC is so much cooler than NYC.

4 comments:

Kira said...

I'm sure that OKC is so much better than NYC. And maybe Ben was crying his eyes out because he's not comfortable being exposed like that.

TLKOREGON said...

I love your face in the pic w/ the cat lady. It definatly says it all! I am glad you had fun with your bff! It does stink being away from them.

lauren and brad said...

thanks so much erin! and thank you katie for sharing her with ben and me. i think she is awesome and can't wait for her to come back and play some more!....or maybe we should go visit her???? because sadly....nyc is a tad better than okc.

Anonymous said...

YES Lauren, It would make my life if you guys came to see me! Katie, I love you so much! I miss you already! Take care of Mykal Montgomery for me, and tell Gary he was a one night stand. No more woohoo for him. She is moving on.-Erin

Related Posts with Thumbnails