Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I went to Branson and this is the only picture I took.....

But isn't that a HUGE katydid? Despite my lack of pics we had a great weekend with Ryan's grandparents and family. Cousin Matt joined us for the thrilling road trip and we got there late Friday night. On Saturday morning Kira, Matt and I headed to the beauty school to get cheap pedicures, but they were about as much as a real one is here. That was quite the experience. The girl who did my feet sat on the floor to paint them and kept ramming my feet into her ginormous bosom while working on them. Then when she did sit on a chair....she fell off of it. She pretty much painted the ends of my toes and then took off what was not on a toenail. Not the best pedicure I've had, but I helped her in the learning process I guess. I'm not sure if she will pass. We also got to play nertz and team Ryan and Katie dominated. We did not go to any shows but we did go antiquing and to DQ so that's just as good. Charlie enjoyed meeting some of the family for the first time except for Brayden and Cody. She just growled at them and I don't know why. We got back late on Sunday night and tried to organize our study. We got a "new" free desk and couch and repainted the room (pretty much the same color) so it was a mess. It's looking much more presentable now so I will post pics later.

3 comments:

ktsdad said...

While you were in Branson, your brave mother was flying over Kentucky Dam in Josh's 4-seater Piper airplane - what a brave girl!!!

Leslie said...

Is branson the christian capital of the world where there's a cool amusement park and they teach you how to make fudge and nails (not a combo, I'm sure. different stations)? I think the 17Kids and Counting show on TLC just went there last night. First time I had heard of Branson and your blog is the second. All in less than 24 hours. Weird!

and i definitely went with 'capitOl' instead of 'capitAl', but then realized that the O implies the actual building...so a city would be with an A? any english aficionados in the hiz-ouse? would they poo-poo me calling a house a hiz-ouse?

nertzfan said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails