Sunday, October 26, 2008

Quotey McQuoterson

I was hoping to have finished my book this weekend so I could give you a proper book review post, but alas with house sitting and the fall carnival that did not happen. But the Land of Nod is alive and well. This is what we did on our last outing. And hopefully this week we will be going to see The Secret Life of Bees since we read that a long long time ago. I write down my favorite quotes out of books I read in a little journal and since I have nothing better to blog about today I will share some with you.

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering. ---History of Love

Success isn't about crossing things off life's to do list. It's having the grace and fortitude to move through change, curls intact, and smiling....The plan should be learning how to live without one, or how to carry a big fate eraser in your petite hand bag. Plans get revised, new blueprints get drafted to accommodate the expansive garden. ---Straight Up and Dirty

Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? ---Harry Potter #7

Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water ---Eat, Pray, Love


When you love someone you do not love them all the time in exactly the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. It is even a lie to pretend to. And yet this is exactly what most of us demand. ---Gift from the Sea.

How can we worship a homeless man on Sunday and ignore one on Monday? Over and over again, when I ask God why all of these injustices are allowed to exist in the world, I can feel the Spirit whisper to me, "You tell me why we allow this to happen. You are my body, my hands, my feet." ---Irresistible Revolution

Anyway that's enough book stuff for now. Look back for the reviews later this week. They will be over As I Lay Dying, Irresistible Revolution, and A Prayer for Owen Meany.

3 comments:

lauren and brad said...

I too underlined that book from Irresistible Revolution!!!!!!!

I am loving it!

Can't wait to see the movie. We can go any night after 7 though.

Leslie said...

HP quote! Awesome. I think Jamie's fave book might be owen meany, but maybe I should've waited until your review to tell you that, huh?

Anonymous said...

The quote from Irresistible Revolution really hit home. Thanks for inspiring me. Mom I

Related Posts with Thumbnails