Monday, November 24, 2008

Blogstalking

I know you are like me and you blogstalk. I read WAY more blogs than I have links to the right. Thanks to Google Reader it's become a lot easier to keep up with them all too :) There are some of you blogstalkers reading this right now. The urban dictionary defines blog-stalking as : "v. to secretly read someone's blog with the express purpose of learning more about them without their knowledge; to stalk via blog"
I think blogstalking is entertaining and I view it as just reading someone's blog without commenting. I've actually become blog friends with some people through blogstalking. I stalked Leslie through Lo's blog and now we openly comment on each other's all the time and have emailed on occassion. And I love it when I find out people have been reading my blog for a long time even though they've never commented. The only time I think it becomes unhealthy is when you use the information you have read on someone's blog to convince yourself that you know this person and are best friends with them when you meet them in person. This sort of happened to me recently and I briefly thought of making my blog "invitation only" but this was a unique circumstance that posed no harm or threat, so I didn't worry. Anyway I think today you blogstalkers should come out of the closet. Today's challenge is to comment on someone's blog you read (it doesn't have to be mine) and let them know you enjoy it!


12 comments:

trish said...

hi katie, i'm lo's friend trish from camp, and i totally blog stalk your blog through lo's! :) mine is set to invitation only though, send me your email and i will add you :) trisharella@gmail.com

happy thanksgiving!

Tristan and Leslie Block said...

Hi Katie... It's Leslie from college. I have Google Reader and stalk your blog. Sorry that I don't leave comments like I should! I love to see what you and Ryan are up to. By the way... I was really disappointed that your TV appearance wasn't put on the station's website. I kept looking for it until you said that they weren't going to put it up. :)

Hope you have a nice day! Thanks for being an interesting regular blogger!

Leslie

Valerie said...

Okay, you caught me. I'm stalking you now. But don't worry--we don't have to be best friends or anything. If you want, you can stalk me back and I promise not to get creeped out.

Leslie said...

Yeehaw! Bstalk, shout out - you're a funny lady. I'm pretty sure there are way more bstalkers out there than I'd like to think about... here's to their obsession being of the more healthy of natures!

Peace.

Miranda said...

I read yours, Kira's, Laura's and a few other friends and family. Mostly people I know or am related to. I really like reading yours, you have a great flair and are very entertaining! I still hate that we haven't met yet...but if ya'll are ever in DC.... :0) Keep writing!

The Woodards said...

HI. I've commented before, but it's been a while. Ryan and I love to read your blog, and my having grown up with your Ryan, I can see every time I read it, why your Ryan loves you! You definately have the sense of humor and creativity that is perfect for him. Next time you come to Wichita stop by if you want. We'll feed you dinner =)

Anonymous said...

I totally stalk you! Although I do comment here and there, so it's not technically stalking if I comment right? You crack me up and I love reading.
Micca

Sherri Penny said...

I blog stalk you Katie! And, I realized when you did your flashback to three years ago blog...that I have been reading it for just that long because I remembered all of that! Don't worry yours is not the only one! It is such a great way to pass time :) Not to mention I think you are hilarious and a GREAT blog writer!

Anonymous said...

Joe told me last night that my future mother-in-law has been reading your blog. --FATSO

Trista & Chris said...

I read your blog, I found it on Laura K's blog. I always enjoy it, especially your SNL clips.

lizcannon said...

i met you before and know we would be friends if i lived in okla. so i'm not realllly a stalker anymore :)

Jo said...

hey katie-
i'm a friend of devon's who is a friend of leslie's who is a friend of trish who is a friend of....
anyway, i think leslie linked to your blog a while back and i checked it out. it is such a cute blog to read so i am officially one of your un-scary (i promise!) blogstalkers. if i had a blog you could stalk me and i wouldn't mind :)
jo

Related Posts with Thumbnails