Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Position Available: Partner in Crime

Shanny the tranny is leaving me. For those of you confused already, Shanny is the Bonnie to my Clyde, the yin to my yang, the church secretary to my children's ministry (and no she isn't a real tranny but it's what we call her, why? BECAUSE WE CAN). Her last day is today...sort of and I'm feeling dead inside. She is moving on to the world of hospice and sick babies which is a lot like church work. Luckily our dogs will keep their weekly play date and she will still be a member at Mayfair so I think we can probably still be friends, but it won't be the same. *tear* Here we are having a farewell dinner at Macaroni Grill. Our latest prank included stealing Derek's beloved moleskin that he writes in daily and placing love notes and pics from his pre-pubescent crush--Amy Grant. We even changed the words of El-Shaddai to El-ShaDerek. I know what you're thinking: you wish you worked with us too. On another note please be praying that our flight makes it to Portland within a decent amount of time tomorrow. They have been having lots of snow which is cancelling lots of flights and closing lots of roads so please pray for safe travels for us and everyone else!

3 comments:

ktsdad said...

Do these pix mean we've found our camera??!!

kmom said...

So sorry your work companion, Shannon, is leaving you. I will be praying for a safe and unprolonged flight for you and Ryan. Meantime, I hope you will pack snacks and some extra clothes in your carryon bags. Have fun!!!

Ryan and Katie said...

No I didn't find it. Shannon had an extra camera card so I am using it until our new one comes in the mail.

Related Posts with Thumbnails