Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Who are the people in your neighborhood?

I don't know but they ALL own pit bulls. After living in this house for almost 2 years now, we actually braved the streets and took a walk. We used to love to go on walks when we lived by Heritage Hills in our cute little appy, but this neighborhood isn't exactly that, and while we love our house and do like our next door neighbors, it never seemed like an inviting hood to walk in. However, last week when it was like 70 degrees we decided to venture out. Besides, with my buff husband and fierce attack dog who could harm me? These are the things we encountered on our journey:
  1. The median in the road which seems nice to walk on is covered with burrs and thorns thus making Charlie limp the whole way with bloody paws before we realized what the dealio was. Sorry Charlie. Lesson learned.
  2. Seriously we probably saw over 20 pit bulls within a few short blocks. And they weren't looking friendly but hungry, like they wanted to eat Charlie...or me. Luckily they were all still chained up or in a fence and Charlie couldn't have cared less about them.
  3. To go along with the dogs one of the pit bulls by our house just had 11 puppies. ELEVEN! Who knew 11 pups could fit in a womb?! They were quite cute romping around until we saw the mom. Then we ske-daddled.
  4. We found out Shel Silverstein's mystery of Where the Sidewalk Ends. It ends in our neighborhood, and it ends several times. It's very random. We would be walking on a sidewalk and then we would be in someone's yard. I thought the city controlled that? Guess not.
  5. Nobody plays in the city park in January. Maybe because the spray ground is turned off. But the homeless people do rest there.
Anyway those were the highlights. And we did have a fun time along with getting some exercise. Hopefully the weather will turn warm again so we can go a-walking soon. Plus when it's warmer, maybe more people will be outside and we can actually meet some of them...not just their pit bulls.

(Thanks for all the comments yesterday. I have never been called 'saucy' that many times in my life! Taken out of context I guess it could be pretty creepy, but considering the situation I appreciate it!)

9 comments:

Lori said...

Hi. . in from SITS. . congrats on being Saucy!!

Lori

Holly said...

Hey there! I popped in from SITS. It must be fun to be saucy. :)

I noticed your book reviews--are you on Goodreads.com? It's a great way to share book recommendations etc.

Jana said...

Congrats on being Saucy! I can't stand pit bulls either-why?? Why would someone choose that breed out of all the breeds out there. I don't get it and I probably never will!

Kassi said...

Oh yes you're saucy maybe your IM name should have been SaucyKasadilla instead of me, LOL. I am glad they recognized your blog because it really is fantastic! I am sorry your neighborhood is littered with oddities and blood hungry dogs, just take a taser with you next time! :-)

Gratitude Gal said...

Keep an eye on those pitbulls! What a great purchase your 70 year old house!

lauren and brad said...

Hey. Next time walk towards my house! We could meet 1/2 way? :)

Valerie said...

Hey hopped over from SITS to congratulate you on being SAUCY!!! We have a lot of pit bulls in our neighborhood too. I have a little Chihuahua and I can never let him out any more. These people let their bulls out to run the neighborhood and follow them in their cars. Idiots I tell you. Hope you have a great rest of the week.

Momma Chae said...

Hee hee.... where the sidewalk ends.... that was hilarious! :)

Life in Beverly Hills said...

Congrats on being Saucy! I really like your blog. I cracked up about the Shel comment. Glad you made it home safe without being eaten by a pit bull.

Related Posts with Thumbnails