Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebrating for two!

Not ONLY is it St. Patty's Day but it's also the 2 year anniversary of Ryan and me being in our house!! Which is really cool and really sad at the same time when I think about all I wanted to be done on our house by now but whatever....it's a work in progress people. Maybe when I start "nesting" I'll magically finish all of those projects with my hubby...but somehow I don't see myself being 8 months pregnant in the summer heat, stripping and painting windows. Maybe though, just maybe. Anyway in honor of today and on a positive note, I will list the things I love about this house and neighborhood:

1. I love how old and cute it is
2. I love our backyard (thanks to the help of my parents) especially when things start growing again
3. I love our back patio
4. I love the size of our kitchen even though I never use it
5. I love our neighbors that let our dogs play together, check our mail when we're gone, and will help us move furniture late at night so my husband doesn't have to cut the legs off our couch
6. I love that we are close to many stores and friends and church
7. I love that we can walk to a park (although I would never do it without Ryan with me)
8. I love Maggie the magnolia tree even though she still looks pitiful after the ice storm of 2007. Please don't die Maggie.
9. I even love our mortgage because it's pretty cheap
10. I love that we brought Charlie home to this place and am looking forward to bringing baby home!

Dear house, now that I've said all these nice things about you please return the favor and not break anytime soon. Seriously. And keep those nasty camel crickets out! Thanks!

P.S. Yes to those of you who questioned, I did mean to wear the same pants in every photo below. I don't wear those every day, but I thought some consistency in my prego pics would be nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2 years. We didn't have all the honey'dos done after 17 years in our last house here in Newberg. But it was still home and I loved it and cried like a baby when I had to leave it. Oh, the memories we made while living there (including raising your sweet hubby). And after 9 years at this house, it too is still a work in progress, but I love it because of all the memories we've made here and I'll cry when I have to leave it. Mom I

Leslie said...

cute! now, list the things you'd like to accomplish in your home in the next 5 months! i'm curious to know what else could possibly be done; your place is so cute.

lizcannon said...

maybe if you got a pet snake it would eat the camel crickets.
i would wear those pants everyday, in fact, i do wear some very similar.
cant wait for you to get soooo fat!

lauren and brad said...

I love your house too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails