Sunday, April 19, 2009

Channeling Old Wives

So since the second try at finding out our fetus's gender is less than 48 hours away I thought I'd take a crack at some of these old wives tales at predicting gender. I didn't realize there were so many but if you google it you can find out all sorts of things! Here are the results according to the old wives and the internet:

Since I can't get enough OJ everyday it's a girl.
Since the hair on my legs is growing faster it's a boy.
Since I sleep with my pillow facing south it's a girl.
Since the line on my belly extends to my rib cage it's a boy.
Since I refuse to eat the heel of the bread (?) it's a girl.
Since a needle over my belly moved in circles (this one was hard to do) it's a boy (or a girl depending which website you are on)
Since I had morning sickness it's a girl
Since my age at conception plus month is an even number it's a boy (Or girl depending on which website you are on)

And the list goes on and on but by now I think you get the picture. As you can see by doing multiple old wives tests the results are clear as mud. Who needs that ultrasound now?! I just hope we get a much more definite answer by Tuesday than what the old wives are telling me.

8 comments:

Kayla said...

I also remember hearing if you have heartburn it's a girl because they usually are carried up higher and boys are lower?! Or I could have it backwards!!?

Anonymous said...

Maybe since the results are so varied, you are having twins! ha :) I'll be praying for you getting a definite answer. Love you!

Rachel

lauren and brad said...

IT'S SO A GIRL! I can't wait to find out! xoxo

The Mrs. said...

LoL! That list is too funny. Congrats! Stopping by from SITS! :)

Anonymous said...

All of us in Oregon are on pins and needles too. Can't wait to hear from you tomorrow. Love ya Mom I

Cher said...

these are so funny! thought I'd stop by and say hi from SITS! Have a great day!

Becky said...

Bet you a million bucks it is either a girl!! or a boy!!

Can't wait to hear what they say on Tuesday:)

Shawn and Becky said...

I hope everything goes well and the little one, boy or girl cooperates for you . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails