Monday, April 06, 2009

It's about time for another list...

Sorry for the delay in posting. We are having fun in Oregon, but I thought I'd take a break from building lego houses with the nephews to blog for a moment. I'm not apologizing anymore for posting about pregnancy related things because it's the only time you people really comment so I guess you like it!
  1. I haven't had any cravings yet but I have noticed when I am hungry, whatever I eat is the BEST THING I'VE EVER EATEN. I don't eat more than I did before and my taste buds haven't started liking green beans or anything, but everything tastes better. Last night I told Ryan the juice I was drinking was the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. He tried some and said it's just apple juice. But he didn't realize it was the BEST APPLE JUICE I'd ever digested.
  2. I am 18 weeks now and can feel the baby move if I lie really still. And usually only in the morning or right before bed. Ryan can't feel it yet.
  3. Ryan's grandmother hosted a baby shower for Carrie and I at her house this weekend. His sister is due in July so our baby will have a cousin close in age! Two actually because my cousin Kelly is due in June. Anyway the baby shower was sweet and I had a fun time.
  4. We've been reading to "it" every night. The only thing I've bought this kid is books, and I figure I better test them out now to make sure I don't mind reading them. I've already learned Fox in Sox is awful and I don't know if I will keep that one. The Pokey Little Puppy was also a bit of a drag.
  5. Have I mentioned I'm tired of calling it an "it"
  6. I can still sleep on my stomach but it's getting uncomfortable. I think the memory foam mattress will allow me to sleep like this longer.
  7. I have crazy dreams EVERY night. I do wake up once or twice a night and about wet my pants. When I wake up in the morning it usually feels like I just woke up from a coma and I'm very well rested. I like this.
  8. I'm doing pre-natal yoga on Sunday nights. I get private lessons since I babysit the yoga teacher's kid for free while she's at the studio. I HIGHLY recommend this to any pregnant people right now. I've learned so many poses to stretch out any aches and pains, it's relaxing, and a fun way to meet other moms...even though there's only 3 of us since I don't go to the yoga studio but still. You can share all your symptoms...even the gross ones and it's completely normal! Plus there are lots of healthy benefits too but I'll let the teacher tell you all of that stuff, If you want more info and live in OKC click here.
  9. I'm still not reading any pregnancy books. I have one but have slacked on the reading. I just keep updated on babycenter.com. I do not think I will read any parenting books until after I meet my kid. Then if I have questions I will check one out, but until then I don't want to make too many plans on how I want to parent.
Anyway that's enough for now. Yes we did find the passport but not until after I had the ugly-cry-breakdown. And we did get to Ryan's work in time to get his wallet with Driver's license and make it to the airport. So I did the ugly-cry for nothing.

Say a little prayer for our sweet niece Hazel. She had tubes put in her ears this morning.

8 comments:

Kira said...

Give everyone in Oregon a hug for me!

lizcannon said...

i love all your posts, but es the pregnant ones... more pics please!

Gena said...

This is a great post. I love the point about liking everything the best. That's so true.

The Rambler said...

Hang in there niece Hazel!!

I sucked on lemons dipped in soy sauce and vinegar because it was the only thing that kept me from being gaggy and nauseous :)

I dreamt that I was giving birth in a car, or at my job, or random strange dream places WITHOUT an epidural (I know, I'm a baby, but it is what it is:) Once, George Clooney delivered the baby. IDK, we do crazy things when we are pregnant.

I'm a lot late but still wanted to thank everyone for visiting me on my SITS day!

xoxo~The RAmbler @ My Rambling Thoughts.

Shawn and Becky said...

I think it's great that you don't want to make plans on how you'll parent. It's amazing how your little one changes your previous perceptions . . . of almost everything.

Walt & Saundra said...

You're going to be a great mommy! I missed sleeping on my tummy too...I had heard you weren't supposed to or something about cutting off their blood supply. Probably in one of those books, or an old wives tale. :)

Miranda said...

Preggo dreams are crazy! I remember dreaming that there were flying fire bombs and they would go off at random we had to run from them...but this was due to living in the UK the week of Guy Fawkes day when they set off fire works in the neighborhoods at all hours of the night!! The 'explosions' were the fireworks going off!! That was the funniest one!

Fox in Socks may be more fun once the baby gets here, I actually read it to Anthony yesterday and got a 'gah!' and lots of kicks! :0)

Leslie said...

"lemons dipped in soy sauce and vinegar"

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO START DOING THAT??

Related Posts with Thumbnails