Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nesting

I don't think I'm in nesting mode, but we have been doing some tidying up. We are still finishing up switching our bedroom and the TV room and rearranging closets. I'm almost ready to post the pics of our "new" bedroom but not yet. We also have been cleaning out the nursery since it has been the guest room/craft room/junk room and now I'm trying to make it more inviting for a baby (while still being our guest room). All I needed was an inspiration and I'd seen this fabric several times before but today I just liked it even more....
So for all of you interested in what I plan to do with Olivia's room, this is what I came up with today while at Joann's. Keep the walls tan, red curtains on the 2 small windows with a strip of "pear" fabric sewn on the top, "pear" upholstered valence on big window with red curtains, keep trundle bed with light blue bedspread, have various solid pillows on it with colors from "pear" fabric, make a few throw pillows with big appliqued fruit taken from above fabric, green or blue slipcover for the rocking chair, and the crib can have a bumper pad covered in "pear" fabric. If we get a changing table or majestically turn the microwave stand into one, paint it green or blue. I really won't have to buy much fabric to do this since it's mainly accents, but I will have to order it since they didn't have enough in the store. Anyway I would ask your opinion but it really doesn't matter if you don't like it, because I do (and Ryan says he does too)...today at least...I could completely change my mind tomorrow if I see another fabric I really like. It's my prerogative. But if you do like it and have a nice opinion then you can leave a comment :)

And in the 1% chance you are a boy I will be glad that we didn't paint the walls pink and that I can easily take a strip of girly fruit fabric off of red curtains and find something a little more masculine for you.

12 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

Well...here's my opinion! =) I LOVE IT! I think it is VERY cute! What kinds of things are you going to put on the wall,if anything?

RebeccaMom said...

I like it! That fabric is great :)

Young Fam said...

I love it! I think it totally looks like something you would do!

lauren and brad said...

You are one sassy pregnant momma! :)

I love it...and stop thinking it's gonna be a boy!

Shawn and Becky said...

I love that you can call her Olivia now. Her room is going to be so fun. I think the fabric is fun and has a lot you can do with it, as you've already outlined

kmom said...

Great fabric! Great ideas!

Shannon said...

I LOVE IT!! I REMEMBER THAT FABRIC WHEN WE WENT THERE LAST TIME AND HOW MUCH YOU LOVED IT SO I AM NOT SURPRISED YOU PICKED IT. IF YOU NEED HELP SEWING & UPHOLSTERING LET ME KNOW.

lizcannon said...

i have seen this fabric before, and i love it!
i think not going totally "pear" is the way to go, b/c then if you cange your mind in a year or 2, it will be so easy to change it up!!
I like the colors a lot!

Anonymous said...

I love it. I agree that it has your special decorating touch to it. BTW - I love the name also. I think Marie would go well for a middle name. It is a derivitive of Mary.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, that was Aunt Joyce.

Leslie said...

i'm loving the pop-y colors and combination! great soft shapes with roundish fruits which seems comforting to me. if you have a boy, will you name him oliver??

Miranda said...

LOVE the fabric!! It's so much fun and it will grow with Ms. Olivia...so that's a plus too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails