Wednesday, April 29, 2009

They do motivate me.....

My day started by having nightmares and waking up at 3 am to my husband talking in his sleep. Then I guess I just had stuff on my mind and didn't go back to sleep. On the way out to the car in the pouring rain I noticed the window had been left down all night leaving my car seat soaking wet and that's just not cool. Then I arrive at work with wet pants and start to upload some new games for the tutoring kids on the computers, when I find a folder of NUDEY pictures on a computer that was DONATED to the church by one of our members. THAT was when I realized this was not going to be my best day. I started to dread the LONG hours of tutoring and the inability to go outside and wear them out with exercise bc it was raining. But either God answered my prayers or He knew that one more straw really would've broken me today. They were all so well behaved! They were even concerned that I would get the swine flu and it would kill my baby (why do they know about the swine flu?) They offered to babysit Olivia for free already...but I was informed by a 3rd grader that she will NOT breastfeed her for me!! They gave me so many hugs today and told me they loved me out of the blue. They drew me pictures and were just so sweet. We only have 2 more weeks of tutoring left and I will miss that little reminder every week of why I do what I do, because they truly do motivate me. Not just to be a good at my job, but to be a good person. So thank you kiddos for being so good today, I really needed it!

And now I NEED my sleep so I am off to bed and I BETTER not be up for good at 3am again!!

6 comments:

Matt and Shannon said...

well that is depressing about the computer but I am glad your day got better :)

Allison said...

What an encouraging post! :) Loved it.

TLKOREGON said...

Olivia will do that too. She will deprive you of sleep, frustrate you to no end some days, and wear on your last nerve. And then, out of the blue she will tell you you are the best mommy ever, or cuddle up to you so sweetly and it will immediately change your mind about giving her back to the stork. It's good to have motivation, I am glad the kids can be that for you. Hope today is better.

RebeccaMom said...

sad about the computer :( but sounds like you had a great day with the kids!

Leslie said...

oh... yucky day!! but the kids are adorable. my fave is miss sass in the brown shirt!

lauren and brad said...

I love this post and this pic of the kids and the fact that you love this part of your job so much!those kiddos are lucky to have YOU!

Related Posts with Thumbnails