Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our fur kid is still alive

Charlie knows. There's no denying it. That's her being mopey about my pregnancy in the above pic. Some days she is super cuddly but some days she lies in her bed and wants nothing to do with us. We put the crib together a few nights ago (we got one off of craigslist from a shady place in Midwest City, but hey it was cheap!) and Charlie sat in my lap trembling with her tail between her legs while Ryan assembled it and couldn't quit staring at it. Even when Ryan tried to get her attention she would turn her head toward him but stare at the crib out of the corner of her eye. She wouldn't go near it so Ryan tried to play fetch with her by throwing the bone near the crib...she didn't fall for it. I don't want her to be afraid of the crib or the baby that will be in it, but it might not be bad if she wants to stay away from the nursery! I think she will be a great big sister but it might take some getting used to! Here she is tolerating a kid so I know she can do it! She may only like Ben though because he sneaks snacks to her when I'm not looking.....

5 comments:

Allison said...

Haha! This is so interesting..because I think about how our dog will handle a baby one day. Good luck to Charlie!!

Vicki Hefley said...

Katie,
Check out my daughter-in-law's site (sleepingkelly.com) and you'll see that they do become friends. Looking forward to fun times ahead for you.
Vicki Hefley

Leslie said...

ben sneaks snacks?? adorable.

Anonymous said...

She does not look very happy. Sorry Charlie. We are very much looking forward to Olivias arrival anyway. Mom I

Shawn and Becky said...

Oh Charlie - she's so cute. Our cats are still reeling from the arrival of Cameron. And be thankful he doesn't like the crib, every once in a while I find a cat in Cameorn's and of course hair all over his sheets.

Related Posts with Thumbnails