Thursday, May 07, 2009

Things I don't want to hear about anymore........

1. Susan Boyle. I do not understand the hype and I never did. Sorry. The first moment she was on TV Ryan and I discussed when exactly it was that unattractive people weren't supposed to be able to sing? Ever heard of opera people? Or seen a church choir? There are tons of not-so-pretty people that can sing. And quite honestly she was good, but she wasn't THAT amazing. What's sad is how much the media keeps raving on about her because it just reaffirms that the media really doesn't expect much out of people who aren't skinny and pretty. Yeah this ugly dude....one of the most famous singers ever. His name is Pavarotti.
2. Swine Flu. I think we are all just about sick of this silliness. Why do I call it silliness? Well just see the graphs below and I think you will understand why. There are sooo many other diseases that kill way more people every year, and we don't hear about them every day on the news. Just because this one is a weird strain or whatever people are wearing face masks everywhere and scared to be near anyone who sneezes. Do I think people should still wash their hands and cover their mouths when they cough? Yes! Do I think if there's an outbreak near me I should stay inside? Sure! If I catch it will I be a bit freaked out? Of course! But I don't get why the media must try use scare tactics to freak everyone out. Not cool.

That's all I can think of for now. Sorry if you were looking for a happy uplifting post and my rant just ruined your day because you loooove Susan Boyle and I offended you because your mom just died of the swine flu. But if you need to rant on why Susan is awesome and the swine flu is underrated please feel free to rant in the comments!!

10 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

I am SOOOO tired of swine flu. It's the flu...drink fluids, nyquil, and go to sleep for a few days.

Anonymous said...

No ranting here. I agree. Mom I

Mandy said...

I'd like to add Twitter to the list please!

Ryan and Katie said...

oooo good one! Yes I don't get twitter being all over the talk shows lately like it just came out, and now all these famous people have them and are trying to beat each others with more followers. It's getting a bit annoying too.....

Erin Cornell said...

I totally sneezed at the store tonight and I could feel people staring at me like I had "it." I agree - I'm sick of the swines. Believe it or not though, I don't know who Susan Boyle is.

Line said...

Katie, you are so funny :)

Allison said...

Okay, I am also sick of hearing about Lindsey Lohan's break-up, John Edwards, and Paula Abdul/painkillers.

Loved this post. :)

Anonymous said...

...and the malaria count would be much lower had the nut-jobs not banned DDT. Totally unnecessary.

Shawn and Becky said...

I'm with you on swine flu, susan and twitter - and to be honest I could use less news about how terrible the economy and who’s laying off how many thousands each day. I know my job is in jeopardy but I don't have to be reminded at every 1 news break . . . but that’s just me.

okcowgirl421 said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! :) I like your graphics too - very helpful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails