Thursday, June 04, 2009

It's time to call the Orkin man...

Why am I up at 5:30 am and blogging? Funny you should ask. I felt something crawl on my leg and jumped out of bed screaming at the top of my lungs and a cockroach fell out of my pajamas!!!! I kept screaming while Ryan searched for it and found one across the room to kill. I don't know if it was the same one or not. After shedding all my clothes and checking the room for more I thought I should go to the kitchen to see if Charlie was scared out of her mind from all my screaming. On the way there.....I STEPPED ON ANOTHER ONE WITH MY BARE FOOT. I'm so disgusted I don't think I can go back to sleep. Please don't think we are gross people, I almost wasn't going to blog this bc I thought you might think we live in the slums or never clean. Quite the contrary, especially with all the houseguests we've been having. Needless to say I don't think the store bought insect killer we use is enough, so I'm calling the Orkin man in a few hours. Don't you worry parents-in-law, I'll have this taken care of before you get here so you won't be disgusted with us!

9 comments:

okcowgirl421 said...

So, funny you should post this. We actually had a VERY similar incident at our house about 6 weeks ago. Except I wasn't the one jumping out of the bed. And the "water bug" (as the pest control people called it but I still say it's a roach) stayed IN the bed and that's where we had to kill it which then of course caused us to have to change the sheets (keep in mind this is happening at like 2 a.m.). To this day, every night when we get ready for bed, if I'm the first one in Nathan asks "did you check the bed"? He pretty much disassembles it before he gets in now.

All that to say, we totally feel your pain! And I do not think you're gross or unclean. I think maybe this is just part of living in a very old house. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Chellie said...

Oh Yuck.. I totally would have screamed too! and then to step on one.. Don't worry you aren't gross it's just the bug time of year.

Anonymous said...

I certainly won't be disgusted with you. Don't forget, Dad and I lived in Oklahoma once upon a time and we too had our own experience with cock roaches. I'll take our troublesome Oregon ants any day over those Oklahoma cockroaches (and brown recluse spiders and cotton mouths and black widows and ticks and chiggers and...). Thanks for calling in the Orkin man before we get there though. Can't wait. Love ya, Mom I

RebeccaMom said...

in the south, the Orkin man is a necessity... The store bought stuff just doesn't cut it! I agree with you :) and when I see one I freak!

Shawn and Becky said...

Eww eww and eww, bugs like that may be the reason I am deterred from ever living in certain states, however I've heard stories of cockroaches in oregon too. The guys in my office tell stories of walking into the bathroom and turning on the lights to a room full of cockroaches. If someone would have told me that I might have reconsidered my employer! Yucky, good luck with the Orkin man.

lauren and brad said...

AH! Monday night, Brad stepped on one barefoot in our kitchen too! EW SICK-O!!!

Anonymous said...

Oklahoma is famous for their cockroaches and they don't care whose house they live in, rich, poor, dirty, clean...they like them all...you are not gross...we know that...hope the Orkin man helps tho.
Aunt Teri

lizcannon said...

weird, left a comment, but it dissappeared. anyways, i would have DIED. i am so glad it didnt happen to me. glad it didnt put you into labor.

Leslie said...

oh my god. oh no. that is so foul!! gross.gross.gross!!!! whyyyyy would they go up your PANTS??? omg.

maybe you ought to wear indoor shoes until the orkin man comes. might i suggest a sexy pair of these? haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails