Tuesday, July 07, 2009

A glimpse

I'm still working on what to hang on the walls but until then here are a few of the things we've been working on in Olivia's room. Here is the quilt I made for her Craigslist crib. Don't worry, Charlie isn't afraid of it anymore. This is one of the valences we made while my parents were here, the rocker is Ryan's nasty Goodwill one from college that has been magically transformed by a surefit wingback slipcover, the shelves hold vintage toys from my grandmother and a dress that was mine and one that was my dad's. (yes my gma put him in a dress) Here is Ryan working on the awesome pillows we designed thanks to inspiration from Leslie! This was really fun and easy to do. Just make stencils with freezer paper, cut out, iron on, paint, peel off and voila! Here is a finished one. The other one is still drying. These will go on the trundle bed.Not sure if this stuff will stay here but we'll see what other treasures I find or get as presents! This is my grandmother's bassinet that had peeling paint chips inside but my mother in law helped me make a mattress and cover for it. I love it! Not sure where we're putting this but it's on wheels so it can go wherever.These cute pillows I made in high school in my Fashion class. They're so "fashionable" I think I will keep them in Olivia's room. :) And this is just random but the blocks were always at my grandmother's and I like them. That about sums it up for now! We have a few more crafty things to do and figure out what to hang on the walls and I'm thinking instead of a mobile I might hang these above the crib. I saw the idea here. Check back for the hilarious posts about our recent neighborhood shenanigans and zoo adventures with kids at church!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen a bassinet like that in 18 years. I love the antique stuff! The room is looking great! I see you found a book with her name on it. I found a book called Emily Brown I just had to get for Emily. Well, have a good evening and I look forward to seeing you soon. -April

Anonymous said...

What in the world are we going to make you for Christmas. You're so crafty, you can run rings around my abilities. And I only have 6 months to get it done. I think I'll try to get Laura to change it to a "gift certificate" Christmas. Mom I

Kayla said...

Very cute pillows!!! I love the freezer paper stencil and am planning on having kids paint shirts during Avery's bday party or Art Day...we shall see!

Blair and Rachel said...

I made those tissue paper pom poms once for what I forget: but I didn't buy the kit...however, the directions are on martha stewart's site:

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/article/pom-poms-and-luminarias?autonomy_kw=pom%20pom&rsc=header_5

Also string works just as well as the wire does. Hope this helps--I thought it was cheaper than buying the actual kit.

Super cute nursury! I'm loving the Olivia book! :D

Yankee Girl said...

I love those funky pillows! They are so cute and different...I want one for my own bed!

kmom said...

Excellent work! Great ideas! You and Ryan both get A+! It looks like my sewing machine got used.

JG said...

You are very talented! The room looks so cute, and I love how you've incorporated so much family history into it.

Kat said...

Those pillows are sooo cute! And the quilt? Love it. I love that it is not babyish at all - it's just beautiful! I don't have a crafty side...so I get to live vicariously through others :-)

Ali said...

I can't get over how creative you two are! The nursery looks fantastic so far, and it can only get better based off of those photos!

Leslie said...

hooray for RYAN FREEZER PAPER STENCILING!!! boy craftiness! great work, kids.

lauren and brad said...

Oh, Kate! You've done so much since the last time I saw it. I LOVE the shelves! It all looks so pretty!

Shawn and Becky said...

What a sweet room for your little girl. It looks great and I'm sure you'll have fun telling her where all the things came from as she gets older! Or while she's little, but she just might not remember.

Related Posts with Thumbnails