Friday, July 24, 2009

My Little Sleep Talker

I'm wide awake and it's almost 3 am. Is it because Olivia is awake? No, but she is now. Is it because I needed a bathroom break? No, surprisingly. Is it because I'm 34 weeks pregnant? Not even close. I am awake at 3 am because my sweet hubby gleefully tapped me on the shoulder, giggled, and wanted to discuss the liquid hot magma trickling down my pillow. It took him awhile of pointing and smiling like a buffoon while I made guesses...a bug? a shadow? a figment of your imagination? Then he finally spit out what he was pointing at on my pillow. Liquid hot magma. I said you are talking in your sleep and he just laughed and looked at me like I'M the crazy one....I think it's time to move back to the trundle bed in Olivia's room.....

P.S. My father read this post and thought liquid hot magma meant drool. It's not a metaphor. It's just the crazy thing my husband said...and yes he remembers saying it when I asked him this morning. He can't explain it. So weird....

8 comments:

JennyMac said...

Who doesnt like liquid hot magma in the middle of the night? Sorry...its sounds a bit dirty.

Michelle said...

haha....I slept in our guest room the other night because Jeremy was snoring too loud, I can't go to sleep unless I go to sleep first!

Anonymous said...

What did have for dinner? The theory is that spicy foods can make for pretty vivid dreams. Mom I

Shawn and Becky said...

Shawn did that to me one night, tapped on my shoulder, woke me up and proceeded to think he was having a conversation with me . . although it was very one sided. He talks in his sleep often and very rarely remembers.

Matt and Shannon said...

man when i first read this earlier today, i was pretty sure i remembered talking to matt in my sleep last night and laughing alot!! i was hoping he could remember what i said and blog about it because apparently it was really funny...maybe taco bell spiked our food last night :)

thatgirlblogs said...

I thought it meant breast milk!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I thought that it meant drool, too! :)

Rachel

Leslie said...

never put me in a room with another sleep talker. it could lead to v.little sleep and v.much talking!! eep. i'm all about it. much more of a late-night talker though. not as much as early morning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails