Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Showered With Love

The ladies at church had a baby shower for me, Olivia, and Ryan on Sunday and it was so much fun! The hostesses spent so much time planning and decorating with a vintage theme, and then I got to take all the fun decor home!! Check out Shanny's amazing cupcakes. I can't imagine how many hours were spent on making 60 of these and not only are they cute and super detailed (she pinched tiny bits of starbursts to mold the bottle tops) but they are delicious!They were displayed on the adorable doll bunk beds that one of the ladies' husbands refinished and painted for Olivia. So cute! I'm using it as a bookshelf in her room now.Some of the girls gave me these outfits and they were stuffed with blankets and diapers and burp rags. In the bottle were papers for the guests to right parenting advice on. We got some good ones, some funny ones, and some that don't make sense but maybe they will later on!Here are Ryan and I delving into the gifts....he was so excited about all the pink clothes!! :)And the ladies passing all the gifts around to see.Here's most of the loot. We did get a LOT of clothes but we also got big things like her car seat and play yard and swing. And here we are overwhelmed and feeling blessed with all the gifts given to us and our sweet little girl!I should've got a shot of all the stuff in her room once we got home, with me in the middle of it trying to figure out where it all should go!Here are the wonderful hostesses (Minus Shannon who was probably taking this pic) Thank you ladies! I don't think any of you read this blog but I still can say thank you....and I'll be writing it in a note too, mom, don't worry!

7 comments:

Ali said...

Those cupcakes are jaw-dropping!

lauren and brad said...

Why does Shannon rock my socks off? She is incredible!

kmom said...

Great pictures! What cupcakes! Wow! Thanks for this post. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to see you in two days! It feels like forever since I have seen you. Hey do me a favor bring some of that parenting advice with you. I might use some of it with little E. ~ Kelly

Roxanne said...

Hey! I found your blog through Mayfair's young adult blog - I love reading it! Your shower looked precious and I'm still so sorry I couldn't be there. Baby Olivia is so lucky!

Leslie said...

you scored! no need to go clothes shopping for a long time. yay for church ladies!

Miranda said...

WOW what a blessing!! And the cupcakes are amazing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails