Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I don't think life will slow down any time soon

I'm actually starting to look forward to labor because things have been so busy/crazy that I am welcoming any excuse to slow down....as if being 9 months pregnant isn't one, but I'm finding that it's not! In all honesty it's good to stay active because I hear it's better for pregos and I don't have to time to think about the fact that I could go into labor ANY MINUTE!
Anyway the weekend was busy but the best part about it was meeting Mr. Desmond Mark Schatzel!! He kept us in suspense by coming almost a week late but now he is here and I know Brad and Lauren are so happy and big brother Ben is so proud! He was born at home in the tub and weighs a whopping 10 lbs 6 oz and is 22.5 inches long! Yes Lauren is super woman!! I love their little family and their kiddos so much and can't wait to see Des and Olivia playing together! Other weekend activities included working on invitations for Desmond's sip and see, trying to crank out more thank you notes, finishing Olivia's room, organizing her clothes etc, washing more stuff, wrestling with the car seat (see previous post), getting a haircut, shopping for and failing at finding nursing bras, Ryan doing TONS of yard work and cutting down 4000 tree limbs, cleaning house for a visit from BFF Ben who is on the move to Florida, going to church, painting in the nursery at church, going to a cloth diaper event, and squeezing in a date with hubby to see 500 Days of Summer. We did find time to eat and sleep somewhere in there too. I wish Ben could've been here longer because we didn't get to have much fun with him, but we did go to church and eat BBQ with him! These boys are pretty silly when they are together and I'm bummed they don't live closer to each other. Anyway here is a shot of me a week ago at 37 weeks. Tomorrow I'm 38 and have my weekly appt with Dr. Wayman. I can't believe after that there is only one more appt. until my due date! I still feel good and sleep well, but I'm ready to see my ankles back to their normal size...oh yeah and to meet our daughter too!
I should've spaced these into like 3 different posts but oh well. Maybe next I will finally post pics of her completed room. I'd like a new rug and lighting fixture in there but I don't see it happening before she gets here. Thanks for all the advice on the car seat thing, I think we got it figured out after talking to other new parents. Now I just need to find the motivation to pack that hospital bag....

9 comments:

Yellow Like Mustard said...

Maybe you're motivation to pack your bag is to not leave the hospital naked?

TLKOREGON said...

Yeah for Ben visiting! They are pretty fun together. 2 WEEKS!!!! The anticipation is killing me! You look Beautiful! Love you

Heather said...

Holy cow! 10 pounds?! That is a big baby! Hopefully your little one won't be quite as big! I love your little baby bump!! Not much longer now!

Leslie said...

What's a sip and see?
Can we see the invite when you're done? Did you like (500Days)?

kmom said...

Wow! You and Ryan have certainly been busy! It might be easier to pack your bag now than in the middle of the night when you are trying to decide if you are really in labor and you are really tired and just want to sleep. Going into labor did not get me wide awake and functioning clearly and calmly. Good luck! Love you!

Anonymous said...

FYI: Target has Nursing bras that are semi sexy looking and not granny looking. But only buy 1 before Olivia comes cuz your boobs will majorly change size after she is born.
~Kelly

Michelle said...

I have a nursing bra you can try, I hated them, so uncomfortable, so I never used them, I'm calling you tomorrow, I was thinking about you yesterday! I can't wait til Olivia gets here!! Maybe that's why I haven't moved, God wants me to be here when you have that baby!

kmom said...

Maybe my name will be Grammy, like one of baby Ben's grandmothers.

lizcannon said...

love the bump!
want to see those invites too.
want to see o's room asap!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails