Saturday, August 08, 2009

Maybe it's nesting

I mentioned I did some crafting while house sitting this week and thought I would show off what I finished. Hopefully this week I will finish Olivia's room and then you can see pics of it all set up, but until then this is another sneak peek. I liked the wreath I made for her door so much I had to make a similar thing to hang above the changing table. I'm very happy with it! Although after wrapping all that yarn around, I couldn't bend my swollen fingers in the morning. Pain for craftiness I guess!These are illustrations from an old children's book I found. I'm not sure where we are hanging them in her room yet.I was going to learn how to applique but then I remembered where my husband worked!! I gave them the fabric and they appliqued the pear for me; then I turned it into a pillow! I think it took them 2 seconds and it probably would've taken me 2 weeks. The next posts will probably be about the mother/daughter tea that was this afternoon, and I will try to upload a few of the maternity pics that we had taken by two of our good friends! Don't worry I will give you a warning before I post a shot of my beautiful exposed belly because I hear some of you are squeamish when it comes to pregnancy and bellies.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Looks great!! You are so crafty. We just had a Mother/Son BBQ! How did your mother/daugther tea go? We had a Father Daughter Tea in June. Ryan and I were talking about how if you want to cover everyone, you have to have four events! Maybe next year....

Leslie said...

woah.
where does ryan work??
you're amazing crafty lady!

Related Posts with Thumbnails