Saturday, August 15, 2009

Worst Invention EVER!

Carseats. We have 2 options today after trying to install ours correctly.
#1 We will be walking home from the hospital
#2 Teleport back to the 70's before they were a law
It seemed so easy in the store but then I realized well maybe it's because they just have a backseat to practice with and no other car surroundings to get in your way. It barely even fits in our car and we aren't driving a VW bug or anything. It's in the middle bc if not there would be no way for the driver or passenger to be further away from the dash than 2 inches. Then there's all these WARNING labels covering the whole thing that make you so scared that if it's attached wrong it will self destruct killing your baby with it. The handle MUST be behind the seat when driving...well guess what...IT DOESN'T FIT IN OUR CAR. I am kind of anxious to take it to the fire station to see how the "experts" plan on making it work because if my husband can put all of his weight on it and pull the lap belt as tight as it can go and the thing still wobbles up to 6 inches....I don't get what other kind of tricks the experts have up their sleeves. They'll probably tell me I need to get a bigger car.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Mom I

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time getting Hannah's to fit in my van, too. Taking it to the fire station is a good idea. I do it even if I feel everything is secure. Good luck! -April B

Kalei said...

LOL! I am glad Rylan and I weren't the only ones with that problem. We actually didn't the seat in the car until his parents put it in there and drove our car to the hospital for us. Then he and his dad tried to figure everything out while Alohi and I were getting checked out. We got in alright, but when we got home... well we didn't know how to get it out. So after about 5 minutes of trying with her in it, we figured it would be safer to take her out while Rylan climbing in the car to yank the thing out. Ohh it was so much fun! Then it took me about a month to really get her in and out of the seat and base before I got the hang of it. You will get it!! I have faith in you!!

Lyndsi Robinson said...

Aww I am sorry. Yeah I never drove with the bar down because it is where you hang toys...oh well.

Our "big boy" carseat came with a locking bar that you slip through the seatbelt once it is buckeled so that it doesn't slip..I don't know if you can order one online or if they sell them in the store we got it at babies r us if you want to check, it seems to do the trick!

kmom said...

Can you take back that car seat and get another one to try? Good luck!

knit1kids4 said...

After 11 years of using car seats I can tell you it gets easier. See if you have a certified car seat person in your area. This blog might help http://carseatblog.com/

Or this forum http://www.car-seat.org/

But don't get overwhelmed by this info either.

The McDowells said...

The handle must be down??! What?? I have never done that with any of my kids, whoops. Wait until you have a couple more kids and have 3 cars seats in your car! That is when it gets really fun.

Kat said...

I think that the only reason we got ours done is because my husband is an engineer. And he wasn't about to let that carseat beat him!

If you can't fit it in go to your local police or fire station...and I am sure that someone there would be happy to help you get it into the correct position.

Shawn and Becky said...

Bummer - don't stress, see what the fire man tells you and maybe they'll recommend getting a different brand or style so that it will fit better, or maybe they'll say it's just fine. They are pretty safe in the thing once they are all buckled in, I think a few inches of movement won't hurt. Hey did you get a new car since your accident?

Kayla said...

We found it easier to skip the infant carseat and just carry them in arms or sling. Those dern carseats are so heavy with no baby in them!! Our carseats are convertible forward or rear facing and the straps have three levels for the growing baby/toddler. It's a very nice day when they are old enough to be forward facing!!!

Leslie said...

woah.
overwhelmingly woah.
firefighters to the rescue.

lizcannon said...

can you strap her to the top of the car instead?

Related Posts with Thumbnails