Monday, August 03, 2009

You learn something new every day

Last week we had a graphic designer from our church come to the kids' craft day. He taught them about logos and then the kids got to make pictures out of the letters in their names and other words. They LOVED it and I learned some things about logos that I'd never noticed before, so I thought I'd see if all of you had noticed them too. (My husband of course had but he is also a graphic designer so that is like his super power)
Have you ever noticed that there is an arrow between the E and the x in this logo? Or that there is a side ways "kiss" in between the K and the I of this logo? Or a bear hidden in the mountain of Toblerone chocolate? Or that the big smiley face is also a letter "g" as in goodwill below it? (or vice versa I guess) Those were a few of my favs that I don't think I had ever noticed before. For the next few days I really tried to pay attention to logos that I saw to see their "hidden" pictures but I didn't find any. I will leave that super power to the graphic designers of this world I guess.

7 comments:

ktsdad said...

I am, obviously, NOT a graphic designer - I've never noticed any of these!

lizcannon said...

i only knew about the arrow in fed ex b/c it was on oprah once. otherwise, the others are all new to me, cool!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I will certainly be more aware of logos. And thank you for the good wishes yesterday. I'm so bummed I didn't get to talk to you guys. It was a long busy but very happy day. We didn't get home till 9:30 pm our time after being in Mac all day. Tonight we are going to Gmas for dinner. Hope to talk to you soon. Love you guys. Mom I

lauren and brad said...

Very cool! Never even noticed any of them!

kmom said...

What a fun activity for the kids!

Kat said...

How cool. I have heard about all the subliminal stuff that is in advertising - mostly related to things in the ice in liquor ads...or things in cigarette ads. But I had never heard of cool things like these!

Leslie said...

i LOVE this schizz!!
reading OBD (obsessive branding disorder) right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails