Thursday, August 27, 2009

You're never too pregnant to learn a new skill...

I don't know if you know this but bow season in Oklahoma starts in a month so I figured I better learn how to shoot one, and lucky for me, Caleb and Derek were practicing their bow skills in the courtyard at lunch today! Not only was I thinking of gaining a new life skill for my tool belt, but of my fellow blog readers who are tired of belly shots and pregnancy talk. So here's the proof....And since you're probably wondering, no, I did not get ANYWHERE near the target. But the arrows did land consistently in the same spot about 10 ft. away from me! I might not be able to kill a deer come Oct. 1st but those earthworms sure better watch out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you could shoot the bow around your belly!! I couldn't go to Wal-Mart and self check out without my baby bump weighing itself. I had to keep hearing, "Please key in item code" before I realized my bump was in the way. :-/ -April B

lizcannon said...

youre awesome!
only in OK.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure its only because your body is out of balance. Next year those deer had better watch out. But of course by then you will have Olivia in a backpack so your body will still be out of balance. Oh well, just buy a rifle. (I'm kidding) Love ya Mom I P.S. My cell phone is always with me.

Sharon said...

Glad you're doing well! I just thought you would like to know that I have had TWO dreams in the past week about you going into labor. I don't know what that means, but I'm looking forward to seeing photos of Olivia after her arrival!

Jennifer Reinsch said...

That is too funny, and definitely not something I ever thought I would see a pregnant woman doing.

Leslie said...

we used to teach archery at camp. where they thought the counselors had any archery skills, i do not know, but i really LOVED it. something about trying to get in the middle. it's like skee ball or darts, but BETTER.

good work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails