Sunday, September 06, 2009

Due dates, Schmue Dates

I KNOW it's just a guesstimate and I KNOW we've had 4 of them and I KNOW that some babies just cook longer and I KNOW she will come when she's ready and I KNOW she's ok because I can still feel her move around, BUT until you've gone past yours.....you don't even know how it feels.

I went back and read Lauren's post when she was overdue and despite what I said earlier I have tried 7 out of her list of 15 things she tried to start labor. Obviously none of them have worked for me either.

BUT on a positive note....I know you guys have been praying for us, and I know I have been praying that I would be over this cold/allergy stuff before she comes and since I still have it maybe that's why she isn't here yet. Keep praying and I promise word will get out when anything exciting happens!

11 comments:

Katie and John said...

I so completely understand! Yes its an estimate but still, its the day stuck in your head that your baby will be here. And more than likely it comes....and goes....and no baby. Hopefully Olivia will cooperate better than Keely and not be 8 days late....I was going crazy at that point. Thinking of you!

Leslie said...

EIGHT DAYS? Oh, no. Olivia will do no such thing! :) I'm liking your attitude about not being ready until you kick the sniffles. Hang tight.

Shawn and Becky said...

Hang in there I know exactly how you feel - on day 10 I started to cry and say why doesn't he want to meet me. Shawn so lovingly just held me. All these feelings will be erased in moments when you hold your sweet baby. We'll be prayin for you, Olivia and Ryan.

Shawn and Becky said...

And although being induced is never the way anyone plans it - it's really okay and you'll have a healthy baby and mom and that is the goal.

lauren and brad said...

brad says its obvious when you will go into labor...on labor day!!!! :)

Carrie M said...

Hey look at the bright side, if she waits 3 more days her birthday will be 9-9-09. Hang in there! Becky's right, all of these feelings will disappear the minute you see Olivia's face.

ktsdad said...

It's all my fault - I've told everybody for months that you're due date was Labor Day!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Katie. I understand completely. Have you had any news from the doctor about any progression? -April B

Michelle said...

Sorry Girl, I know how you feel. Can't wait to meet her!

The Moses Family said...

She is probably waiting for the coolest day of the year 9-9-09. My son was born on 8-8-08 last year after never dialating, even after inducing...needless to say he was a C-section baby! Good luck!

NateandJanine said...

I think she is waiting on 9-9-09. She wants to make her birthday easy to remember! I hope you are feeling better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails