Thursday, September 03, 2009

I spoke too soon...

So remember in my last post I mentioned that I still was feeling great? Well by that evening I couldn't breathe through my nose, swallow without cringing, or hear through my stopped up ears. It came on pretty fast and I was MISERABLE all night and all day yesterday. Then of course I'm panicking bc I could go into labor any minute and how can I push a baby out when I can't even breathe through my nose and am operating on little to no sleep?!

Thankfully I turned to my facebook status for help (don't you love technology?) and asked people for home remedies. Luckily I didn't have chills or a fever so I figured it's a cold or allergies due to the lovely change in weather. So many people suggested that I go to the chiropractor....so I did! Luckily I already knew of one through Lo so I called him up and went 30 minutes later. I had never been to a chiropractor before and have always been a bit skeptical, but at this point I was desperate and willing to try anything. He is experienced at working on pregnant women too so that was a bonus.

Anyway after a few fast and minor adjustments my ears were immediately not stopped up anymore and I did feel like I could breathe better. By the end of the evening my throat felt much better too. I don't know if I can give him all the credit....the chicken noodle soup might've helped too, but today I sound better, can breathe better, and am feeling like the cold is on its way out the door! Hooray!! He also adjusted my sacrum so hopefully Olivia will move further down and speed up this process a wee bit. I stayed home from work yesterday and today to try and get some rest and kick this crud so I can be well rested for my due date....maybe she'll decide to come on time....but at this point I don't feel like it. I hear it can all happen at once though so hopefully I'm wrong and yesterday was the last time to see my Dr. before she's holding up our baby in the delivery room!! Crazy how fast it all went! Keep us in your prayers!

3 comments:

Jennifer Reinsch said...

Glad you are feeling better.

kmom said...

God does answer prayers and lots of people are praying for you. Love you!

Leslie said...

i went through a mood swing just now. so sad for you about the pain and so happy for you that you feel better! awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails