Friday, September 18, 2009

Thanks Everybody!!

What a ham already! We feel spoiled by all the friends and family who have been to visit us and offered up meals and given us gifts and called and emailed. Sorry I didn't get pictures of all of you holding her but I know you love her and that's all that matters. So thanks everyone!! I am feeling almost 100% better except for the awful crick in my neck. Don't know if it has anything to with labor/delivery but it isn't going away and the only thing that helps is ice, homemade neck brace, and ibuprofen. It's way worse when I lay down so currently I sleep sitting up....which isn't easy. So any ideas on how to cure that, let me know! (And yes I've been to the chiropractor and that didn't help). Olivia and I are getting better at nursing, but it is a challenge. It's one of those things that everyone says is really hard but you can't really understand why or how unless you've experienced it I guess. She is sleeping in about 4 hour shifts though so night times haven't been too hard.And for those of you who saw me in the hospital or a day or 2 after, don't worry, that nasty swelling has gone away almost completely. I was HUGE! Sooo huge that the PJ's I wore at 9 months pregnant that I brought to wear in the hospital didn't fit me, so let that be a warning to you expecting mothers...you may in fact be larger in certain places after delivery than you were before. My mother in law is here for a few days and we tackled giving Olivia her first bath last night. That will be another post. (and yes she cried during the whole thing) My mom is still here too and will move back in for a week after the MIL heads back to Oregon. It's been great having them around!Anyways it's time for me to jump in the shower and try to turn my head and stretch my neck some more before Olivia wakes up to eat again! Thanks again everybody for loving and spoiling us!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

i don't get it! more explanation needed on the bigger-after-baby-comes-out part. what a loving and terrific environment olivia was born into!

Michelle said...

I'm glad things are going well, after reading your last post, you were so swollen because your blood pressure was so high....that's crazy girl!

The McDowells said...

I don't mean to be annoying with unwanted advice, but after my c-sections for a few weeks I would get horrible gas pains in my shoulder and neck area, it seriously would hurt to roll over in the bed. I also would get them in my chest. Any chance that is what it could be?

Glad you hanging in there with the nursing, it does get easier, I promise!

TLKOREGON said...

Trying REALLY hard not be jealous as I sit here and look at all these people holding her! I am glad that mom got to go visit for a few days though. Don't know what to tell you about the neck pain, except ask your doctor if it has something to do with your epidural. Have fun with the MIL.

Jennifer Reinsch said...

Glad to hear it is all going well! Hope the neck pain gets better.

RebeccaMom said...

I know nursing is hard at first, but it will make it easier later... no bottles/formula to carry/clean etc. Stick with it! You look so happy :)

The Moses Family said...

Definitely keep trying with the nursing! I had a really rough time the first few weeks but it does get better, easier, shorter, and less frequent. I just nursed my little boy for the last time tonight and he is 13 months. Good luck!

The McDowells said...

Just sent you an email!

Related Posts with Thumbnails