Monday, October 05, 2009

OUCH!

Just when breastfeeding was starting to get easier and almost enjoyable....I get mastitis. Take the flu with its fever and chills, add in sharp shooting pains in your chest, then multiply it by 1000 and that's how I feel. I'm warning you new moms...contractions are nothing to all the other joys and symptoms of motherhood. Ryan is staying home with me today since I can barely raise my right arm and don't want to move in general. Hopefully my prescription will come in soon.....
I can see how people give up on this breastfeeding, but I'm still determined to keep trying. The things I do for this kid. I guess it's just more for me to hang over her head when she's a teenager right?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie Katie. Been there done that. So so sorry you're having to go through all this. I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there though. Thank the Lord for the wonder of antibiodics. Hope they work super fast. Glad Ry is staying home to take care of you both too. Love ya much. Mom I

Oma Hagen said...

Oh yes - mastitis. Have done that myself, as well. Twice. But, never fear - it will get better and breast feeding is SO worth it!! She's a beauty, that Olivia!

The Moses Family said...

So sorry to hear! Thankfully, I never got that, but I have heard how bad it is! Just remember, that every day is a journey in nursing. And the journey really doesn't end until they are weaned...or maybe a few weeks after they are weaned. :) Good job for keeping it up!

Valerie said...

Ouch ouch ouch! So sorry you've got mastitis! Nursing is a lot of work (it sounds so easy in theory!) but it's so worth it! It gets better, I promise!

The McDowells said...

Ahhh, the joys is breastfeeding. I have had it all from a clogged ducts, to mastitis, to horrible engorgament, to thrush during my years of breastfeeding. I am glad you are hanging in there. IT DOES GET BETTER and will much easier in the long run. The first few weeks are the worst, but it will get better soon. I promise. You can do it!

RebeccaMom said...

ouch is right... but keep going, it will be worth it, and yes, you ca hold it over her head later :) you are a great Mommy!

kmom said...

So very sorry you are hurting. Praying you are quickly well.

knit1kids4 said...

Oh it does have it's ups and downs! Keep nursing - it's the best thing to help it!

Mandy said...

Breasfeeding has to be the hardest part of being a new mother! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Leslie said...

is that the clogged milk duct thing? dooce just talked about it as well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails