Monday, November 30, 2009

D.O.B. 11/30/82

Like air and light, like breath and sight, without which I do not breathe or see, as essential and as taken for granted is Katie to me. I rarely explain, and more seldom show, how important she is in my life, even though I know a trickle of purpose has turned to a flow from taking her as my wife. As aimless as I am, as useless as I'll be, as lazy as I act, wanting everything for free, she still makes me a better man, and still I wonder why she hasn't given up on me. Today reminds me she's alive, not that I've forgotten she is here, but that she miraculously exists, has crossed my path and now dots my days with cheer. She is my tether to my own life, to this world of which I often lose my grasp, she is everything I have of value here, so God, of everything else, loose my clasp. Though this day is rightfully hers, let me also be filled with mirth, for though it took twenty some years to start, my life began also on the day of her birth.

Happy Birthday Katie.

p.s. Mirth? What century is this?

8 comments:

ktsdad said...

You may not post often, but it's always worth waiting for!!! Glad you're my son-in-law!

TLKOREGON said...

watery...yes the eyes are watery! I am very thankful for her and the mirth she adds to your life. Love you both. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!

Katie said...

my eyes are watery too. Thank you Bubby! (I had to ask what mirth meant)

Matt and Shannon said...

HAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT LAST EVENING BEFORE YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK...HOPE TO TALK TO YOU SOON!

The Moores said...

Wow Ryan! Seriously,tears! That was really beautiful. I'm also so glad that Katie was born so she could be in you life. We love you Katie, Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Very well put, Ryan!! It is wonderful to read the words of a man who is truly not afraid to show love towards his wife! -April

Shawn and Becky said...

Happy Birthday . . . what sweet words from your husband. . . hope you had a wonderful day - hang in there, the first day of work is rough, but it gets better.

lizcannon said...

happy birthday!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails