Thursday, November 05, 2009

Wishing I Could Read Her Mind

Olivia crying in pics can be cute. Olivia crying for hours, sweating, turning purple, quitting breathing, arching her back, and refusing to nurse is NOT cute. And that is why there are no pictures of that. Because at that point yesterday I was in tears too, sweating, turning red, and refusing to try to nurse her anymore. My hubby was working on our broken car issue and I literally went to church last night for the sole reason to let someone else hold her for awhile. That's probably awful of me but it's the truth and I needed a break. She did sleep through the night so I'm hoping since she didn't sleep much yesterday that today she will make up for it and hurry and get back to her happy self. There's not anything worse than listening to your baby scream and not have any idea what's wrong, then trying to comfort her every way you know how and it seems to make her madder. Luckily those days are rare and right now she is in a dead sleep, smiling while she dreams beside me in bed and I'm praying today will be a better day. It has to be right?

8 comments:

kmom said...

I'm praying today is a wonderful day for you along with the night. I wish I could be there to give you some time off. Sending you a big hug with lots of love.

The Moores said...

Don't feel bad about wanting to get out of the house and let someone else hold the baby. We all feel like that sometimes. That would be one of the benefits of living close to grandmas and grandpas, they make perfect baby holders! Love you guys.

Jennifer Reinsch said...

If I could, I would fly up to OKC and just sit there and hold her as long as you needed me to. I'm praying for you guys that today is much much better.

Shawn and Becky said...

It has to be better. I can remember those days where you just try and talk to them and tell them it's all okay, but they don't listen. I hope today is much better.

The McDowells said...

All moms have been there, all have had days like this, You are definately not alone in it. I had those moments with all three kids. On more than one occasion did Seth come home from work and find me in tears because one the babies wasn't latching on or I was just plan tired. Hang in there! Don't give up on the nursing, I know I have told you but I PROMISE it will get better and you won't regret it. Emma would scream for 30 minutes when she was first learning (thankfully since she was my 3rd, I was much more calm then I would of been if she was my 1st).

I hope today is much better!

Micah said...

I feel you! Reagan has started fighting sleep to the point that she is screaming her head off and we can't do anything to calm her down. Hang in there!

LittleKelly said...

I just had a day like that 2 weeks ago. I ended up calling BJ crying hystarically and begging him to come home. I felt like a horrible mother because I couldn't fix the baby. Next day was much better and Elijah still loves me. I think.

Sherri said...

I hope today was better Katie..but there will be more of these times. Olivia still has "off" days and she's 4. Granted, they are rare. But I do remember many, MANY days or nights of crying, just holding her crying while she cried and neither one of us knew why. :) It will get better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails