Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Lab Rat

I failed to mention the most exciting part of my birthday was that Olivia began her clinical study at OU medical center that morning. The study is sponsored by Nestle's and is comparing breastfed babies to formula fed babies. I just take her in 7 times over the course of a year and they weigh her, measure her, and check other things like body mass index and fat content. It's all harmless (except for one heel stick but no more after yesterday!) and we get paid so I was all for it! She even got to hang out in this cool contraption called a peapod. I think it measures her BMI through air displacement or something more scientific sounding.She was in it for 2 minutes and just stared at me the whole time. I think you can tell by the clinched fists and cold stare that she knew this would make it on the blog.Dear daughter, you might feel humiliated and used, but the money can go in your college fund so you can thank me later!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What funny pictures! Poor baby!

knit1kids4 said...

Those are very funny pictures and when she grows up it will be fun to show her!

Michelle said...

hey, can you send me that ladys info so I can hopefully get on the list in may!

trish said...

oh goodness, these photos are too much! Olivia will thank you one day :)

Leslie said...

Ah! Ah! Ah! I love it!!!! Tell us more about the study!

Jennifer Reinsch said...

Look at that face. She is going to have some words for you.

Anonymous said...

She will hold this over your head forever! Celeste

amanda said...

"pea pod" sounds so cute. What she is in looks terrifying. Looks like she's ready to swing a punch in your direction for putting her here! Ahhh poor Olivia! But hey, totally worth it!

Anonymous said...

Good thing the bottom half is blurred out. Wouldn't want to be indecent.
Ryan I

devon lorraine ... said...

these pictures just make me laugh thinking about her making that face and those fists, but not bursting into tears. she'll thank you one day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails