Monday, January 25, 2010

Olivia's first birthday party

While daddy took Olivia to her first birthday party--which was the cutest construction party ever complete with faux wrecking ball and bricks for kids to smash (Happy Birthday Wylie!)--I was out getting my birthday present. I was sad I missed the party but not sad because I had fun of my own! Back in November Ryan gave me a gift card for a friend and I to get pedicures and have a whole day to myself to shop or do whatever and he would get a fun day with Olivia. I didn't want her to starve though so I shopped at Target, came home to feed her, picked up Lo, had the best spa pedicure ever while we chatted up uninterrupted by kids crying, spitting up, or pooping, headed to lushberry for yogurt, came home to feed our babies and then we headed out to find this consignment store in south okc, came back to feed babies and at that point although I still had a few things to shop for, I really missed my hubby and baby so we went out to eat and I got to hear all about the birthday party. I forgot to capture my wonderful day on film but am glad daddy had the camera to take photos of our future dump truck driver! Thanks hubby for a fun day. My toes are a sparkling shade of pink and have never felt so soft!

(Seriously how awesome is that cardboard truck? Travis set the bar high for all the other dads there! I see a cardboard castle in Olivia's future....)

9 comments:

NateandJanine said...

What a great day! Looks like Olivia and Daddy had alot of fun!!

Erin said...

I'm glad you had a great day! I was thinking about you on Saturday and wondered how it was going... :)

ktsdad said...

Why does it not surprise me that my daughter's offspring is already a party animal???!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time had by all. Love, Mom I

Leslie said...

that is an amazing dumptruck!! lots and lots of spray paint, i can imagine. :)

great work getting a mom's day!!

kmom said...

I bet Ryan was glad he wasn't at a princess party. He was super nice to take her. You have a great husband.

Monique and Granny said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I like the cardboard truck.

devon lorraine ... said...

omg, i'm an idiot. i saw the title, and thought, "wow, olivia is one already?"

shows you that i apparently have no sense of time (she wasn't even 2 months when i was there in november, and now she's one year? that doesn't quite add up now does it???) and also NO sense of what a ONE YEAR OLD EVEN LOOKS LIKE!!!!!! oh boy, i've really got my work cut out for me!

lauren and brad said...

I had so much fun with you friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails