Thursday, January 21, 2010

Scrabblers Anonymous

Hi my name is Katie and I think I'm an addict. Ryan and I have been playing Scrabble several nights out of the week lately. It's a fun game, increases our vocab, easy to pause to take care of Liv's needs, we can talk while we play, and it's fun! It's so fun we even met with some new friends from play group the other night and played at their house. It was great fun. Then Allison stopped by after work today and while chatting she mentioned she liked to play so we played it with her too! I think this is an official blog-vitation if anyone wants to play us in scrabble I think we'd be down for it!

I feel like I can't have a post without a picture and since I don't have a photo of us playing scrabble here's just a cute one of my two favorite scrabble players!

9 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

I love Scrabble....let's play in Feb! I love the dress!

amanda said...

Scrabble is super fun except if you are playing with my dad. He makes up words and flips tiles over, pretending to have more of the 'wild' tiles. Don't play with him! I really like Mexican train (dominos), there is less thinking involved.

ps. liv is going to be brilliant if she is already playing scrabble!!

Anonymous said...

You're on. Dad even says he'll even give it a shot. We have a board. Its about 30 years old and hardly used. That should tell you how big of a challenge we will be when we play. Can I hold Olivia while we play. She's my good luck charm. See ya next month. Love, Mom

Leslie said...

i love scrabble! but i told jamie we didn't have room for the board game so we picked up bananagrams? it's like scrabble and uno thrown into the same game. now that you mention it, we haven't busted that out in awhile! we'll have to bring it on our next trip. :)

lizcannon said...

i am obsessed too!!!
i play with all my friends on our iphones!!!!

Ted and Anne said...

Hi Katie, I don't think we've officially met :) My name is Anne (My mom is Debbie Yeagley from Mayfair). We both love your blog! If you love Scrabble, check out the game Bananagrams-you'll LOVE it! Pretty similar, but not exactly the same thing. VERY addicting! And yes,It does come in a zip up banana case.

kmom said...

I like Olivia's dress and sweater. Is Ryan keeping a beard? You are lucky you both enjoy the game, so you have an inexpensive couple activity.

kmom said...

We played scrabble last night with Amy and Joe. Dad won and I lost,but I enjoyed it. We can play when we come.

kmom said...

I like seeing pictures of Olivia (and you and Ryan) so feel free to put one in every post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails